Low engine oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor is back on the road

So my service manager told me this " its a 2 stage oil pump system and if you idle to much ( which I do I'm a roofer so I sit in the truck at job sites) and if you get on it hard ( which I also do because it's a raptor ) the oil wears down a lot faster and if the sensors sense a little thinness in the oil the alert will go off so I should change my oil every 3k mikes"

They replaced my oil pump and some sensor but it kind of sounds crazy having to change oil so often and idle will wear down the oil a lot faster let me know your guys opinion on this thanks

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

So my service manager told me this " its a 2 stage oil pump system and if you idle to much ( which I do I'm a roofer so I sit in the truck at job sites) and if you get on it hard ( which I also do because it's a raptor ) the oil wears down a lot faster and if the sensors sense a little thinness in the oil the alert will go off so I should change my oil every 3k mikes"

They replaced my oil pump and some sensor but it kind of sounds crazy having to change oil so often and idle will wear down the oil a lot faster let me know your guys opinion on this thanks

Sorry to say, I am not buying their explanation. What do cops do in their EB Explorers? They run and idle almost 24/7. If it was an oil issue why change the pump?

OP
OP
A

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say, I am not buying their explanation. What do cops do in their EB Explorers? They run and idle almost 24/7. If it was an oil issue why change the pump?

I agree it makes no sense but as long as I got my raptor back I'm good lol

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like another bs excuse and the same old blame game. It Couldn't possibly be Ford's fault, you idle too much blah blah blah.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score

You will find that the regular ecoboost crowd is changing their oil every 3k miles to protect themselves.

thechad

Reaction score
My consumption test is turning out badly as I checked the oil yesterday at 3k miles. Running low again. At 1500 miles the service center told me it was 2qt low and that was what my low pressure warnings were about, marked my dipstick. I checked and found it is down past the typical fill range. Back to the service department tomorrow to begin to establish my lemon.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait.. you think you burned 2 qts in 1500 miles? You are sure it was full at the start? That's a lot of oil being burned, and you didnt noticed smoke at start up?