Low engine oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019. My engine eats oil. At 2k it was low by 1-1.5 quarts. At 4K it was about 1 quart low. Haven’t really floored it so not other issues. I’ll be taking it in for an oil change soon to discuss.

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019. My engine eats oil. At 2k it was low by 1-1.5 quarts. At 4K it was about 1 quart low. Haven’t really floored it so not other issues. I’ll be taking it in for an oil change soon to discuss.

thanks for the feedback. i'll be heading into the dealership this afternoon for my first oil change. not really sure if i dare to identify the problem(s) or keep them on the down low.. still digesting all of this but would hate for the dealership to blackball my truck in case i need to trade it in..

TripleE44

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. i'll be heading into the dealership this afternoon for my first oil change. not really sure if i dare to identify the problem(s) or keep them on the down low.. still digesting all of this but would hate for the dealership to blackball my truck in case i need to trade it in..

If it makes you feel any better, my 18 does the same thing. At 3k miles it had eaten 3qts and the light came on. Since then the consumption has gone way down, to about 1/3-1/4qt every 1000 miles. I just check it every 1000 to be sure. I'm at 32k miles now and it all seems to be ok.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per previous post mine was the same used 2qts or was low from the factory at 3k and another quart low at 4K then again at 5K. Just had the oil changed at 5.5k with royal purple and will monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro