Loud Snapping/Popping and Seizing of Front Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

faptor

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the input guys! These dealership people are such a nightmare that half the time we know more than they do!!!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2010 SCAB 6.2L

I'll post a video later but when I switch my car from 2H to 4H and turn at low speeds (<15mph) I have a loud snapping/popping noise coming from wheels/axle area followed by Seizing of the front wheel or wheels. The problem is not present when I turn in 2H so I would be led to believe it is an issue in the front end drive. I've always owned RWD cars so you can imagine my ignorance on the matter.

Thank for the help!

Hi faptor,

How are things going at the dealership? I'd like to do some checking around to see how I can hep. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

OP
OP
F

faptor

Reaction score
Greetings

Good morning Crystal!

Thanks so much! I just dropped the truck off. Hopefully we get some news in the next few hours! 62K miles

Hi faptor,

How are things going at the dealership? I'd like to do some checking around to see how I can hep. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good morning Crystal!

Thanks so much! I just dropped the truck off. Hopefully we get some news in the next few hours! 62K miles

Thanks for the quick reply, faptor! If you need me to step in and assist, I'd be happy to escalate this up to your regional customer service manager. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is 2010... no IWE.

Sounds like binding CV or U-joint... But what do I know.