loud noise underneath

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
vibration dampener

The vibration dampener is located by the spare tire and I believe it is supposed to be loose! To find out if thats what is making your noise try stuffing some rags around and under it then go for a drive to see if the noise is gone.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine is something along the lines of the sway bar mount or something in the area of the trans tunnel. Sounds like a loose shock, bad ball joint, tie rod end, etc.... but everything is tight.

TED

Reaction score
My 2010 raptor make a strange noise when I take off slowly from a stop, when letting off the brake. not a squeak, not a thump, but a noise none the less. like some friction in the drive line? weird.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2010 raptor make a strange noise when I take off slowly from a stop, when letting off the brake. not a squeak, not a thump, but a noise none the less. like some friction in the drive line? weird.

Hi TED,

Does it happen every time when you take off slowly from a stop? If it can be easily recreated, I'd recommend going to your dealership for diagnosis. Take your tech on a test drive and demonstrate the noise for them; that will aid them in diagnosis. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

TED

Reaction score
Hi TED,

Does it happen every time when you take off slowly from a stop? If it can be easily recreated, I'd recommend going to your dealership for diagnosis. Take your tech on a test drive and demonstrate the noise for them; that will aid them in diagnosis. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

yes it's pretty consistent . And has done it for a long time 2010 model