Lost key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Step-by-Step Ford Key Fob Programming Instructions
  1. Close the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
  2. Next, turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times. Do this within 10 seconds, making sure the 8th time ends on RUN. When you’ve entered programming mode, the door locks will lock and unlock. (Note: If the doors don’t cycle, turn the key faster. Your car may not have keyless entry if you still can’t get the doors locks to cycle.)
  3. Press any button on the Ford remote to be programmed. Do this within 8 seconds. The door locks will cycle again to confirm the keyless entry remote is programmed and ready to use.
  4. Have a second remote key fob? Again, press any button on the remote within 8 seconds to cycle the door locks. Repeat this step for any additional key fobs.
  5. Finally, turn the ignition to OFF. The locks will again cycle to confirm programming is complete.
That his not for new for trucks , that is for 2010-2014

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t tried it but that was the info my ford dealership gave me. Said it would work.
That is how you program the remote on a 2010-2014 .........that will not program the chip to truck .

If you do not have two keys you will not be able to program a key to your truck . Unless you have access to the software

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is how you program the remote on a 2010-2014 .........that will not program the chip to truck .

If you do not have two keys you will not be able to program a key to your truck . Unless you have access to the software

This is correct, and I think jy dealershop charged me like 80-100 bucks to ptogram it. They didn't cahrge me to cut the key and they programmed it to two admin keys which is what you want

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on a 2014 you need two keys in order to program a third key using the instructions above. I made two more copies for my truck using the above instructions after having my local Ford parts department cut the keys. They cut using the VIN and there was no charge. The only catch is if they messed up it was on me. You could take the one key you have to a locksmith and have another one cloned but a cloned key cannot be used to make a third key.

Mark

raciohurg

Reaction score
I do not recommend you to buy from Amazon. Yes, there are quality things on Amazon, but it would be better to find another solution. Buying from a dealer would be a good idea but very expensive. A new key will cost a lot. I was in the same situation as you. I was also thinking of buying from a dealer, but my friends gave me an excellent idea to make a key replica. Wonderful idea. They also told me where. They told me that the locksmiths from our country's company work very high quality and give me a perfect duplication. And the price is much lower compared to buying a new one from a dealer or amazon.

Last edited:

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Attackpilot, Interesting. I'll need to try that. My ex-wife "lost" my 2nd key. I purchased one off eBay and have just been waiting for a dealer visit. Will give this a shot this week.