Lost key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was hunting and lost my fob in tall grass, dragging out a deer. I still have my second one, but need to replace it because I’ll do it again in the future

Amazon has an OEM one, can I program it myself ? Is it better to buy from my dealer? Generally what’s the cost.

Thanks

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought one off the ebay which are the same ones on Amazon

Dealer didn't charge me anything to program and cut the new key but I'm under warranty

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it does depend on the dealer. I have a couple of good ones that work on my truck.

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
You can definitely program it yourself. Its pretty simple, just Google. Usually dealer will cut the key for free if you bought your truck there or service it there all the times.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will be able to program it yourself, unless Forscan can do it. You need two fobs to program another. Probably a dealer visit unless you know someone with IDS

Attackpilot

Reaction score
So I was hunting and lost my fob in tall grass, dragging out a deer. I still have my second one, but need to replace it because I’ll do it again in the future

Amazon has an OEM one, can I program it myself ? Is it better to buy from my dealer? Generally what’s the cost.

Thanks
Step-by-Step Ford Key Fob Programming Instructions
  1. Close the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
  2. Next, turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times. Do this within 10 seconds, making sure the 8th time ends on RUN. When you’ve entered programming mode, the door locks will lock and unlock. (Note: If the doors don’t cycle, turn the key faster. Your car may not have keyless entry if you still can’t get the doors locks to cycle.)
  3. Press any button on the Ford remote to be programmed. Do this within 8 seconds. The door locks will cycle again to confirm the keyless entry remote is programmed and ready to use.
  4. Have a second remote key fob? Again, press any button on the remote within 8 seconds to cycle the door locks. Repeat this step for any additional key fobs.
  5. Finally, turn the ignition to OFF. The locks will again cycle to confirm programming is complete.