Looking into a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope your search is going better than mine. I know a few people are saying that is new Raptor territory but it's getting really difficult to find a new one for that price that's not going to cost a ton to pick up.

OP
OP
W

wwillmon

Reaction score
I agree with you. I went and talked to a dealership today about a brand new one and after TTL, it was gonna be about 68-70,000. And they weren't budging on the price, because like i said earlier if i don't want to pay that much, then the next guy through the door will.

Im not sure if maybe the price differs depending on the area, but where I'm at there not budging on prices and everything is going for top dollar.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. I went and talked to a dealership today about a brand new one and after TTL, it was gonna be about 68-70,000. And they weren't budging on the price, because like i said earlier if i don't want to pay that much, then the next guy through the door will.

Im not sure if maybe the price differs depending on the area, but where I'm at there not budging on prices and everything is going for top dollar.

It's the same thing here. Every dealer has told me they were willing to budge on price but are out of allocation or they won't budge on price because people are paying what they're asking. $51,900 seems to be about the best deal I can find on a fully optioned 2013 Raptor with under 30k miles.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on the part of the country you are in. I bought my 2013 in January for $56,***. The prices that were quoted for a new Raptor do seem high to me. If I were to chose between the two trucks you mentioned I would choose the newer one with less miles and newer features. That's just me. Good luck...

OP
OP
W

wwillmon

Reaction score
I appreciate all the help everyone. I just left the dealership and came home with a 2013 Supercrew. Loving it so far, and already looking at my first mods to get done to it. Again i appreciate all the help.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate all the help everyone. I just left the dealership and came home with a 2013 Supercrew. Loving it so far, and already looking at my first mods to get done to it. Again i appreciate all the help.

Yay! Congrats! You NEED a new muffler... :head3:

OP
OP
W

wwillmon

Reaction score
Definitely going to do a mid-perch adjustment, hopefully this weekend. I watched the video and it doesn't seem to bad.

After that it will probably be tuner, intake and exhaust, then add some lighting, and then when these tires wear out ill get new wheels and tires. And after that who knows! haha

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Looking into getting a Raptor finally. My previous truck was a 2008 f-250 with the 6.4 diesel. It had a 6 inch lift 37x12.50x20 tires, programmer, etc. I reentry picked up a 2012 Platinum F-150 Ecoboost, and although its nice, its no where near what i am used to.

With that being said i am looking to getting in a Raptor. Right now i am looking at a 2011 with 54,*** miles and a 2012 with 35,*** miles. One is white and the other is black, which is really the only colors I'm looking to get.

I guess I'm just looking for advice on which one is the better deal, the 2011 is only about $7,000 cheaper, so is it really a better deal?

I have read all throughout this forum and realize what i am getting into with a Raptor. I have went back and forth for about the last 2 weeks on whether to go check one out or not, and i just can't hold out anymore. So any information would be greatly appreciated.

Use this Window Sticker LOOK UP Link. (click on link, then replace vin#)

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTFW1R67CFC19917

JUST Replace the last 17 (vin #) with the one you are looking at.

randy