Location of reverse switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Cant find my reverse switch location on my 2012 ford raptor svt. Reverse lights just quit working and all the fuses have been checked and they are good. Also checked all the brake lights and the center brake light all are working. So I'm wanting to put this reverse light switch in but I can't find were it is located. Can any one tell me where this switch goes before I have to end up putting in the shop? 20220109_141029.jpg20220109_140758.jpg

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread from another forum has some info on things to check. It very well could be a wiring issue(damaged wire, grounding). Good luck, if I can come up with Amy other ideas I will chime back in.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no reverse lamp switch on these trucks. The Transmission Range Sensor, which is internal to the transmission, is used to determine when the shifter has been placed in reverse. That information is then networked to the Body Control Module (BCM) which turns on the reverse lamps. There is no fuse, the circuit is operated by a transistor.

The first thing to determine is whether the range signal is coming from the transmission. Does the indicator in the instrument cluster show R when reverse is selected? Do the camera and backup sensors work? If so, the range signal is valid and the issue is network, BCM, or circuit related. Start by checking for any aftermarket wiring tied into the reverse lamp circuits and verifying that the bulbs are factory spec. The BCM monitors amperage draw; if it’s above or below threshold, it will disable the circuit output.