Listen Up New Owners!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock bumpers are mainly plastic with a little bit of beer can metal if its bent be easy to bend it back I'm pretty sure a 10yr old could fold the bumper in half. I agree its ******** that it was delivered that way though.

The rear bumper is mostly metal. Yes it is thin.
I would say it is between 18 to 20 gauge steel.
Then a plastic cover is clipped into place over the top of it.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If youve actually taken it off trust me its mostly plastic you can actually fold it in half once its off the truck

Sent from my S4

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just looked at my bumper and WTF !!! It's out of alignment also ! It's tight on the passenger side and big gap on drivers side . My build date was 11/7/13 , white screw . Oh .. And there was some touch up paint ( wrong color ) on the edge of the hood where it meets the grill . Color was an off white . And overspray from the spray in bedliner ! I'm pissed !!!
This shit on a 50K truck .

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at my bumper and WTF !!! It's out of alignment also ! It's tight on the passenger side and big gap on drivers side . My build date was 11/7/13 , white screw . Oh .. And there was some touch up paint ( wrong color ) on the edge of the hood where it meets the grill . Color was an off white . And overspray from the spray in bedliner ! I'm pissed !!!
This shit on a 50K truck .

I feel your grief.

Post pics if you are able Wfo

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS!
I just received a call from the Ford dealer.
The steering wheel has been aligned.
And.........Ford is replaceing my bumper with a new one including the bumper pads and brackets.
The new bumper is coming from Detroit and will be here next week.
I'm on my way to pick up my Raptor right now. I will drop it off again when the new bumper arrives.

Last edited:

RaptorOO7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sucks that you had to go through all this, especially with a brand new truck, but at least they took care of it for you and you'll have your baby back in perfect condition shortly.

I can't see the bumper taking them more than 30 minutes to replace so you could probably wait for it.

Awesome color combination, mine is just like yours, White SCAB with Blue Accents.

Isn't an awesome feeling when you step on the pedal and it takes off like a rocket!

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS!
I just received a call from the Ford dealer.
The steering wheel has been aligned.
And.........Ford is replaceing my bumper with new one including the bumper pads and brackets.
The new bumper is coming from Detroit and will be here next week.
I'm on my way to pick up my Raptor right now. I will drop it off again when the new bumper arrives.

That's good to hear. See I was wondering how they planned on repairing the bend, since that's not something a ford mechanic would normally do. I'm going to take mine in and hopefully get it replaced too. I don't want them trying to bend it back since the bend is throughout the whole left side.

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sucks that you had to go through all this, especially with a brand new truck, but at least they took care of it for you and you'll have your baby back in perfect condition shortly.

I can't see the bumper taking them more than 30 minutes to replace so you could probably wait for it.

Awesome color combination, mine is just like yours, White SCAB with Blue Accents.

Isn't an awesome feeling when you step on the pedal and it takes off like a rocket!

I'm not sure if the bumper is painted already.
It may need to be painted once it arrives at the dealership.

It is an awsome color, and it's nice to be back in my Raptor.

The steering wheel is aligned properly now too.

CraigBarish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loosen both your headlights and re-seat them. Had a similar issue on my Raptor where the gap was different on one side. Turns out they weren't completely set in place before they were tightened. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll throw a pic up tomorrow to see if we're on the same page.

Brought the truck in yesterday, took them 30 mins to realign it. No big, looks fine now. Like I said these are Fords not Benz's and there is a major quality control difference. Most of which can be fixed but it is a little irritating we pay all this money and this is what happens. Hell, you all pay more than I do. Seems like this bumper issue is a phenomenon. I'd like to do an ADD bumpers front and rear, and I've seen my exact FX4 with them, I just feel like its a raptor thing and id be overdoing it for my trim.