Line-X Premium vs. Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sokoloka

Reaction score
Looking to bedline my new Raptor. What's the difference between Line-X Premium and Platinum? Worth it?

The quote I received for the 5.5ft bed of the Raptor is the following:

Standard Black Under Rails - $475
Premium Black UV Stable - $620
Platinum Black UV Stable - $795
XTRA Color Coded UV Stable - $850

Those quotes seem fair? Look forward to your feedback.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the color of your truck. I have the Flame Blue and chose the premium color match. It's a great match and I'm happy. Probably a waste of money though as I almost always have Roll-X cover on...joe

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at a Line-x part time.
The premium is standard linex with a uv topcoat.
The Platinum is the new 300% tougher material with the uv topcoat. It is a pure polyurea instead of a blend.

We actually don't even spray the standard or Premium anymore. We have decided to only offer the new material which we call Linex pro when it is sprayed without topcoat or its called Platnium with the uv coat.

I am spraying my truck Friday- I will be going Platnium in the bed and wheel wells. I was going to do color matched but I decided on just black because I will also have covered most of the time.

To sum it all up the platinum is going to be the toughest and easiest to clean of all choices.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at a Line-x part time.
The premium is standard linex with a uv topcoat.
The Platinum is the new 300% tougher material with the uv topcoat. It is a pure polyurea instead of a blend.

We actually don't even spray the standard or Premium anymore. We have decided to only offer the new material which we call Linex pro when it is sprayed without topcoat or its called Platnium with the uv coat.

I am spraying my truck Friday- I will be going Platnium in the bed and wheel wells. I was going to do color matched but I decided on just black because I will also have covered most of the time.

To sum it all up the platinum is going to be the toughest and easiest to clean of all choices.

Do you do the front and back wheel wells or just the back?

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I didn't know nothing about their Platinum product, but I'm real happy with their Premium product. It's been on a year & half now, and it hasn't faded at all.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So time for my $.02

During the week that I bought Wally, I began doing an extensive call through of all the Line-X dealers in SE/E TX for the availability of Line-X Platinum.

After about 3 hours of calling around and searching online I found zilch. Line-X Platinum was to drop July 2013 but truthfully most dealers even at this point will be getting the new nozzles and mixes for Platinum anywhere from now till January (in MD).

Anyways, here's a quick break down:

Standard LINE-X; XS-100

"...a polyurethane/polyurea blend, is the most widely used formulation. It exhibits excellent protective benefits along with economy. It has a textured finish and excellent elongation. This version is the most widely used because of the wide range of applications and is suitable for 90% of industrial applications. It remains flexible from -40 degrees to 220 degrees F and can be stretched to greater than twice its original shape (115%) before breaking..."

---
Line-X Platinum; XS-330

LINE-X has improved spray-on bedliner protection at the molecular level. LINE-X Platinum uses a pure polyurea technology that combines strength and flexibility to create a product with superior toughness making it the next generation of spray-on bedliner performance. Platinum is 300% "tougher" than Premium and is available in fade resistant black or color matching. If you're reading this, I challenge you to find a tougher bedliner coating!

---
Line-X 350; The Real Stuff/SHTF/Working-Man

Like its sister product XS-310, XS-350 is a pure polyurea coating with high performance physical properties perfect for applications beset with chemical damage or extreme impact and abrasion. XS-350 is very insensitive to moisture and can be seen widely used in the wastewater industry.

:GetMoney: ^This is what I have, if you have any questions ask. It's better than Platinum and I got my bed sprayed w/ UV Stabilizer for $749 (w/ tax)

I know quite a bit about Line-X in general and have been on the sidelines listening to the arguments between Polyurea and Polyurethane liners from:

Speedliner, Rhino, Scorpion, and Line-X; I'm biased as hell but I can say the application processes are different but so far Line-X is my #1 choice because it does not kill the environment...

Last edited:

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding warranty does Line-X have a lifetime warranty on their spray in liners like Rhino liner does? If so what difference would it make which option you picked with Line-X liner?

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Save your money and get the cheapest line x available. Then buy a BED RUG and put over the top. Best investment I have ever made. Then cover that with a Bak Flip. Tell corrosion and any guy that names his truck Wallie to take a hike.

My .02