GEN 2 Line-X quote getting ridiculous?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done and regret doing it. The AG grey doesn’t look the same applied as there isn’t any clear coat added like the paint and it’s a tad off in color

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone here had it done for $150.

I picked up 2 cans of rustoleum pro bed spray for $22. Hope to get it done next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use that as a base then go over it with duplicolor spray bedliner. Duplicolor sprays on thick and is rubberized.

Mack

Reaction score
100 apiece for the wheel wells seems about par for the size of them.

I had the bumpers, grill, and fenders done on a powerwagon in ultra (black).

prep is where the big price comes in. I pulled everything off myself and brought it to the shop to have completed. Took about 3 days for turn around with strip of chrome and prepping plastics, spray, and curing.

250 per bumper
80 per flare
150 for the grill

I think it came out good and set my truck different by removing the chrome but still had a somewhat stock look. Currently waiting for my order to get picked up for the Raptor but once it comes in I doubt I will go ahead and have Line X done. I didn't have too good of an experience with customer service for the Line X shop and the end product just didn't seem worth the hassle and over all price.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done and regret doing it. The AG grey doesn’t look the same applied as there isn’t any clear coat added like the paint and it’s a tad off in color

Sorry here are pics,not sure what to do as it’s the paint code added to the ultra ..

ef17677fcbec30835d60b93453303982.jpg367b9d5ef22a51eec61bf286431ed54e.jpg86e1f9ee1de6a66286394325f495b0d4.jpgf1bad046b95f7f327ea4577849ef45ec.jpg

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Johngm45 I am thinking about the 40" bar on the grill when I get my truck. Did you put it on yourself? If yes, how much of a chore was it getting the grille off and back on? And finally, how do you like the light output on that bar? (Sorry about the off topic trip)

Last edited:

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Johngm45 I am thinking about the 40" bar on the grill when I get my truck. Did you put it on yourself? If yes, how much of a chore was it getting the grille off and back on? And finally, how do you like the light output on that bar? (Sorry about the off topic trip)

I didn’t put on but guy removed grille in my garage and said it was really easy .

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll see! Hopefully soon, just going to get the truck here first and then bring it to the local Line-X place and have them do it

How do you like it? I think Ultra is the way to go, but she was downplaying it over the phone a bit, talking about how it was "only 20 mil as opposed to the Xtra being 50 mil," but I don't want a ton of once smooth trim being rough like other parts were, like you mentioned

Update?

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them test spray a trim piece ... only a month, I'd run away

Once it's sprayed, it's done ... a redo involves them roughing up the 1st spray (you can't easily strip it off, that's why it's line x) so then on the respray, it starts looking more like regular bedliner (thick, globby) because it's a coat of ultra over a coat of ultra - make sense

Now you'll have some 1 pass pieces that don't match with your 2 pass pieces

They are not going to spring for new trim pieces to spray over ... ask me how I know

Here's a picture of a great spray - uniform texture, not thick, very consistent - I think my shop has been spraying Ultra for a year now

e3cUwJ3.jpg

I need your help. I'm been trying to get my fender flares/dovetails Line-X'ed for the last month. Finally found one that will do Ultra (two hours away from me). I submitted the color as Ford J7 (magnetic) and now I'm being told that corporate kicked back the order stating they can't match magnetic due to metal flakes. Do you have a color code? It doesn't have to be identical, just close.