Undercoating vs line x ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack55

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a quote to have my well wheels lining done, now the shop has 2 product I can select from:

1) Line - X (my prefer)

Or

2) 3m body schutz rubberized coating

The shop had mentioned that there's a chance the line x will come apart in the near future due to the dealership (prior to me purchasing) using tire shines on the tires and its getting all up in the wheel well.

Have anyone ever used the 3m product ? If so does it matter which I choose? Like any benefit one over the other ? Lol thanks!

SuprSeb

Reaction score
I used Husky Liner and I do my own rust proofing and shot a bunch behind, very clean outcome and probably way less than Linex.

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpeg
    IMG_1465.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 25

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they prep the surface properly either will due. Personally I'd want something that repels the grime and doesn't fade. Does the 3M have a UV protectant in it?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Line-X premium. I’d also recommend they do the bed too at the same time. I think you will get a better price. Whatever you do I’d remove the spare tire underneath. There was some overspray when I got mine done in the spare.

Attachments

• IMG_3809.jpeg
    IMG_3809.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3802.jpeg
    IMG_3802.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 29

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member