Line-X Premium the entire exterior of the truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guy that i use to work with did his whole f350 diesel with the shit from auto zone.... looks great imo.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I use dupont kevlar liner with UV protection so far so good redit everyything that was line xed n it held up great

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about a power coat? I don't know the exact name for it but it is a body paint with a kind of dull color(almost looks like primer) but its supposed to be "scratch resistant" a buddy of mine put it on his f150 it's not as extreme as linex and can easily be repainted if need be

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked into this for my 05 F150 screw and was quoted 2000-2500. They can do custom colors these days as well now. I'm tempted at some level but the resale value would really take a hit. Not saying you wouldn't find a buyer but it would be more difficult. I saw in another thread here a long travel tundra with silver linex. Looked great.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My goal is to **** up my paint enough to warrant linex xs-650 in a nice solid blue color being sprayed on the whole truck.

That way i get more protection for my lack of general caring of the condition of my paint, and i get a sweet looking matte blue truck.

:)

It should add about 250-300 lbs to spray an entire raptor, and it should range anywhre from 2500-4500 for labor/materials (depending on level of linex used, and amount of prep required)

Big Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 pounds on top of the 6k... meh lol

again this is just a grand idea at the moment.

Big Brother, as Netix said the preimum has a lifetime warranty, but as I understand it that is only in the bed of the truck as it's a bed liner and not a paint or total paint protectant... They told me when mine was done that the fender wells will count toward the warranty because it's still technically the bed, but the fender flares don't and could potentially crack and shell off as the plastic doesn't take near as well as the bed.

Their standpoint makes sense. Thanks for the info on the warranty.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$6K is way too much. You can get a truck LINE-X'd for way less.

Here are some LINE-X pics. Obviously, there are a few "before" pics thrown in.

RedDodge1.jpg

RedDodge8.jpg

RedDodge6.jpg

Blazer4.jpg

Blazer12.jpg

ChevyXtra2.jpg

ChevyXtra3.jpg

ExcursionC.jpg

Excursion4.jpg

SJA.jpg

SJ1.jpg

FJ5.jpg

FJ6.jpg

FJ3.jpg

TacomaRed11.jpg

TacomaRed6.jpg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
myth busters did it on an episode. they have clear coat products I have it on my front and rocker panels. can't tell unless you know it's there hear is a pic it is by the light's and the top flat part and rounds off. the round off part is the only way you can see it.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

2470-img-3778.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

with the fog you can see by the light where it comes down in a curve to the flair. all painted surface has it on in the front part.
2565-img-3873.jpg

Last edited:

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great on the yoda! Go for it! May look cool to spray just to the belt line get a two tone effect

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
myth busters did it on an episode. they have clear coat products I have it on my front and rocker panels. can't tell unless you know it's there hear is a pic it is by the light's and the top flat part and rounds off. the round off part is the only way you can see it.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

2470-img-3778.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

with the fog you can see by the light where it comes down in a curve to the flair. all painted surface has it on in the front part.
2565-img-3873.jpg

What product did you use?