Lights randomly come back on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi guys. The last 2 days I've seen some weird power things happening. First, it appeared that my truck auto started on me or never turned off properly when I know I had turned it off before exiting the vehicle. That's been 1 occurrence so far. The next thing is a little more alarming as it's happened consistently for 24 hours; I would turn the truck off, watch all the lights turn off and 10 minutes later, headlights would be back on. I even manually turned the knob for my lights to be off. My worry is battery draining and I'm stuck somewhere. I've had a neighbor come tell me they were on all night and 3 different coworkers at different times throughout the day tell me my lights were on. I'm at a complete lost, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I strongly suggest and old priest and a young priest.

200.gif

If you lock the truck via remote and then press the lock button again quickly, does the truck holler back at you? How many times?

Any Ford Pass alerts or DTC (check with FORSCAN)?
If we don’t find something simple, I’d start the scheduling process for a stealership visit.

OP
OP
Greatest of all Tims
Reaction score
When I lock via remote and double click it like I usually do, I get the standard 1 beep reply. And no FordPass alerts, just the regular time for an oil change stuff.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
After you lock the truck, hit the lock button 2 x again. how many beeps?

1 is good.
2 can mean that the truck detects an open door ( or hood ).

smurfslayer

Reaction score
do you know it Sync is powering up, or is it just the lights?
Years back we had a user with a parasitic drain. Stealership found it by putting a video cam in the cabin overnight.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anything aftermarket installed? If the BCM doesn’t receive a valid signal from the headlamp switch, it defaults the headlights to on. As the others said, ForScan can pull DTCs.

OP
OP
Greatest of all Tims
Reaction score
Ok, so I sat in the truck still. Powered off, and locked it. Less than a minute later, the steering wheel dash would blink and light up, showing the truck in park. A few seconds after that, the headlights turn on. Truck is still off. Found the setting for Daytime lights and turned them off. So far so good.....

Last edited: