Lets answer the question Which suspension upgrade is right for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From watching the SDI E-click review on Keep it Dirty offroad, it seems to be the optimum suspension setup going forward. I think anyone who has had to endure the external bypass valve clicking on Kings (on a non-race vehicle), is kinda over it. My Gen 1 is getting the coil bucket conversion to use OEM Gen 2 shocks for now, but down the road, (once the mortgage is paid off), I'll be upgrading again to the SDI E-click system.
Helio is actually one of our partners here at Hammer Performance and has been absolutely great at helping us build our relationship with SDI, obtain first hand information and go through local events with them.

I was an early product owner of the gen 2 and 3 system as well and a lot of my first hand gen 2 feedback helped go into changes they implemented into the more recent gen 2 and 3 systems.

For the money and if you arent going full external bypass I agree with you, it doesnt get better.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not so much that the metal isnt cheap as the machining process isnt. SDI is a fairly small operation. Theyre growing, but theyre not on the stage of Fox, King or Icon yet. But the R&D alone as well gets transferred into cost as you could imagine.
This is a small part that is not time consuming from any point of view. If I price it with conservative estimates for machine time, the price with a 50% margin is $175. This is assuming a machine that perfectly keeps up with demand. But nonetheless, the value is not the physical part. The question is whether or not there is a problem it solves and what solving that problem is worth. If the strut mount failing is a legitimate concern, which it certainly is with aftermarket springs but not sure about just spring collars, then it’s really cheap peace of mind. It is possible for something to be expensive for what it is at face value, in this case a cylindrical aluminum thing with mounting features, while being reasonably priced for what it solves.

That aside, I’m actually very interested in the prospect of E-click with dual live valves fitted to a pre dual live valve truck. That would be very cool and the price justification would definitely be if you’re going to ball out you might as well ball out.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a small part that is not time consuming from any point of view. If I price it with conservative estimates for machine time, the price with a 50% margin is $175. This is assuming a machine that perfectly keeps up with demand. But nonetheless, the value is not the physical part. The question is whether or not there is a problem it solves and what solving that problem is worth. If the strut mount failing is a legitimate concern, which it certainly is with aftermarket springs but not sure about just spring collars, then it’s really cheap peace of mind. It is possible for something to be expensive for what it is at face value, in this case a cylindrical aluminum thing with mounting features, while being reasonably priced for what it solves.

That aside, I’m actually very interested in the prospect of E-click with dual live valves fitted to a pre dual live valve truck. That would be very cool and the price justification would definitely be if you’re going to ball out you might as well ball out.
Itd be interesting and could be pitched to SDI. Im curious what theyll do with the 24+ trucks with the dual valves.

But for what it is, and considering the price of most other suspension mods, the eClik is really amazing for what it costs.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just in! SDI is allowing Hammer Performance and only Hammer Performance to have 10 kits at exclusive discounts. Message me to get yours!

Bundle with other products such as FRS, UCAs, or others for possibilities up to 23% off!

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up, learned a fair amount.

I plan on coming by your shop for a couple things here soon, I'm down the street in Las Cruces. I have a clunk in my suspension I need to have looked at, deciding if I want the dealer to take a stab before I have you guys look at it.

You guys have worked on a buddy's Raptor and are highly recommended by him and Winfield @ GooseTuned. I look forward to checking out your shop soon!

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up, learned a fair amount.

I plan on coming by your shop for a couple things here soon, I'm down the street in Las Cruces. I have a clunk in my suspension I need to have looked at, deciding if I want the dealer to take a stab before I have you guys look at it.

You guys have worked on a buddy's Raptor and are highly recommended by him and Winfield @ GooseTuned. I look forward to checking out your shop soon!

Thatd be awesome!

Ask for me or Tyson when you stop by id greatly appreciate it!

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SDI eCliks are back 10% off for black friday until cyber Monday!

Eibach is 15% off.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics is 20-25% off

Plus plenty of other great deals available for yall!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter