led strips vs. led lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at putting an led strip under the hood of the truck.

I was originally looking at putting just a cheap china led light under there with maybe 6 leds. Then I saw the led strips and thought I could wire up my bed and under the hood. Now Im worried the led strip won't be bright enough to give me workable light under the hood.

Does anyone have any experience and or pictures?

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes as Jimbo mentioned Noah has a thread on here that describes how he put some really bright led strip lights under the hood. I would link it but my laptop is screwed up atm and searching to find it on Tapatalk is no bueno.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I'm going to be installing 1 of the Baja designs dome lights with built in switches under the hood. I've seen these in person, Tons of light out of these little bugger's. 1 would probably be enough for under the hood. Plus a built in switch makes for an easy install. Let me know if this would be something your interested in!

Dome & Rock LED Lights

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to be installing 1 of the Baja designs dome lights with built in switches under the hood. I've seen these in person, Tons of light out of these little bugger's. 1 would probably be enough for under the hood. Plus a built in switch makes for an easy install. Let me know if this would be something your interested in!

Dome & Rock LED Lights

I want one! Install when we do the bumper???