LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nick. You'd be surprised at these newer generation LEDs. If they're "turned up" enough, the can generate heat. Just not as much as a halogen/incandescent bulbs.

O I know I was just messing around. I am well aware of the heat these put off. That's why so many of them have heat sinks and even fans. But it would be nice to have headlight defrosters lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
O I know I was just messing around. I am well aware of the heat these put off. That's why so many of them have heat sinks and even fans. But it would be nice to have headlight defrosters lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

I agree. That would badass.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might have to wait for LEDs myself! I wouldn't love for anything more but to get rid of the extra wiring, ballasts, and gaining the added reliability over Hid's for sure! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. That would badass.

Blondie--you are incorrect about the LED and heat generation. The heat sinks on my custom flashlights are brutal and will in some cases get so hot in a matter of minutes that they will burn the hell out of your hand if you touch them for very long.

Some of my lights put out 9k lumens and 45k lux. Makes anything you have seen on the front of a vehicle look dim.

Elektro Lumens Presents "Bruiser-9000 Flashlight"

Been using high performance led lights for 15 years.. FINALLY they are getting into the mainstream. No doubt they can just punish any other source HOWEVER THAT COME AT A PRICE!! HEAT HEAT HEAT---would take a very robust enclosure with heat sinks and a fan for the big boy led's to run.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used to run the Truck Lite LED headlights on my Hummer H1's before I got the Raptor, and they were awesome. The light output was great but the beam pattern was a little weird on low beam (they were the previous models that looked like a "bundle of flashlights" when they were on low beam). I would run LEDs on my Raptor in a heart beat. In the winter snow build up was not a problem; the outside of headlight never got hot enough to melt the snow and cause it to freeze on the lens so any snow you got while driving was just a thin dusting. Any build up you had from sitting for a while just fell off first bump you hit. All the head generated by the LEDs came off the back of the headlight where the heatsink was. Me personally I wish someone would develop a drop in LED bulb you could replace the HID bulb in projector housings with. You would need different electronics to replace the HID ballast and whatnot, but it would just be a simple bulb swap rather than a whole headlight housing replacement. Something like the LED emitter in the Light Cannons would be sweet...

IRONMAN

Reaction score