LED Footwell lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking into adding led to my footwells, I want to hook them to the dome light wires so that they will go off when it does. My question is where do I hook up the neg wire? Thanks

Any where with bare metal attached to the frame. Typically, the shorter the better (and easier). I'd just ground it directly to the seat via one of the seat frame bolts. No need to make it any harder than it has to be.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My feet have no receptors for visible light and I know where my feet are at all times. Please, please tell me the practical use of footwell lighting.

Brightens up the cab enough that you can see inside but not so bright that it hurts your night vision. My wife's Edge has it and it's very nice. I feel the Raptor is a tad too dark at night especially when you're driving in areas with no street lights.

Toonz

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread (recently bumped) but does anyone have a picture of this kit not installed? Just looking to see what kind of hardware it's using and how it mounts. All the pictures I find online just show the light coming from below the dash. Thanks!

GeauxOffRoad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread (recently bumped) but does anyone have a picture of this kit not installed? Just looking to see what kind of hardware it's using and how it mounts. All the pictures I find online just show the light coming from below the dash. Thanks!

This is what you get when you order blue footwell lights from AMB lighting. These came in two days ago and I'm going to install them tomorrow. Found this thread looking for some install tips. It's basically just 2 LED strips with adhesive backing and hot/ground lead wires soldered on with some heat shrink. I had also ordered the blue LED cup holder light with raptor claw logo but haven't installed it because I wasn't too impressed with the quality or how it installs.

Attachments

• WP_20140428_19_19_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140428_19_19_21_Pro.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 78