Leaking from overhead speaker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony in Texas

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Raptor with 37PP. The truck has some quirks, like a squeezy suspension on the passenger side and a driver door that isn't perfectly flush. Annoying.

But this is new. I went through a drive-thru car wash, which I've done many times. This time, I noticed a leak coming from the passenger overhead speaker. Anyone see this before? I do have the moonroof, so maybe a seal problem?

GIF_20240327_120252_506.gif

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes! I'd assume something with the moon roof and/or it's drain system.

I recently had my front right shock replced due to squeaking (23, 37). See here:

Good luck!

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Raptor with 37PP. The truck has some quirks, like a squeezy suspension on the passenger side and a driver door that isn't perfectly flush. Annoying.

But this is new. I went through a drive-thru car wash, which I've done many times. This time, I noticed a leak coming from the passenger overhead speaker. Anyone see this before? I do have the moonroof, so maybe a seal problem?

View attachment 449333
Mine did this once in a heavy rain storm. Next time I cleaned the truck, I went around and cleaned/conditioned all the seals. Hasn’t happened again.

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 449333
Haven't had one happen on my Raptors but am familiar with pano roof leaks. Take it in and have a tech duplicate it with a pressure washer with the headliner pulled down in that area and the should be able to find the leak.

OP
OP
Tony in Texas

Tony in Texas

Reaction score
I dropped off the truck at a local dealer. I showed them the video and they laughed. I'll get the truck back in 3-4 days... after repairing the leak the squeaky suspension and adjusting the door. Had to rent a car since no loaners... btw, Toyota Rav4's suck! LOL!

Monte87

Reaction score
Mine did this once in a heavy rain storm. Next time I cleaned the truck, I went around and cleaned/conditioned all the seals. Hasn’t happened again.
I just did mine 2022 here. Krytox grease etc. Did you ever clean out moonroof drains?
Thanks Anthony

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine 2022 here. Krytox grease etc. Did you ever clean out moonroof drains?
Thanks Anthony
I have not, but do have an air compressor and attachments to do it if needed, but hasn’t done it again in a year. Mine is a 22 as well.

FloridaRaptor4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck just leaked through my driver speaker. Was driving in really heavy rain and wasn't ready for the drop of water on the face. First time and have had the truck (22) for 2 years.

Monte87

Reaction score
I have not, but do have an air compressor and attachments to do it if needed, but hasn’t done it again in a year. Mine is a 22 as well.
Oh ok, good for you then. I bought truck in March 2024 and it appears original owner never lubed up roof seals, so i did it 1st time last week. I never had any leaks and dont want them either. Smart on compressor and attachments. I would think just keeping track area clean from debris will go a long way. I also think Ford used cheap rubber for seals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter