Last year for Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2028, thats how long they are making the "predator" variant engine. check back late 2027 for updates

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will undoubtedly align with the generation of this truck. Ford has to make a choice, probably already, if they wanted to invest in the 'R' variant design for the next generation. If the predator motor is dead, as mentioned above, then that was probably part of that choice.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will undoubtedly align with the generation of this truck. Ford has to make a choice, probably already, if they wanted to invest in the 'R' variant design for the next generation. If the predator motor is dead, as mentioned above, then that was probably part of that choice.
It doesn’t say they’ll stop making it for sure, just that they will until 2028. This info came up during the union negotiations summarized on ford authority. it’s theoretically possible they keep making it. As long as we get EVs for the wives

Also now that ford is going into formula one, there will likely and hopeuflly
Be some awesome trickle down effect of that technology in terms of hybrids and boosted engines

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t say they’ll stop making it for sure, just that they will until 2028. This info came up during the union negotiations summarized on ford authority. it’s theoretically possible they keep making it. As long as we get EVs for the wives

Also now that ford is going into formula one, there will likely and hopeuflly
Be some awesome trickle down effect of that technology in terms of hybrids and boosted engines
To my understanding, Ford isn't going "into" formula 1, they simply bought the naming rights on Red Bull Powertrains...which is nothing but a relabeled Honda engine itself. Red Bull has spent way too much money getting their in house setup put together to hand it to Ford. Its a pretty naming thing, thats it.

Same as Cadillac isn't going to produce engines either if Andretti gets in, its going to be a label on a Renault engine (assuming Andretti partners with Alpine...which I hope he doesn't because Renault has been underpowered for years, but rules will require it because Renault is the only power unit manufacturer without a customer right now).

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
To my understanding, Ford isn't going "into" formula 1, they simply bought the naming rights on Red Bull Powertrains...which is nothing but a relabeled Honda engine itself. Red Bull has spent way too much money getting their in house setup put together to hand it to Ford. Its a pretty naming thing, thats it.

Same as Cadillac isn't going to produce engines either if Andretti gets in, its going to be a label on a Renault engine (assuming Andretti partners with Alpine...which I hope he doesn't because Renault has been underpowered for years, but rules will require it because Renault is the only power unit manufacturer without a customer right now).
The new Cadillac engines will be Northstar V8's....lol

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly if they make it ( The V8 R ) through the 2028 mode that is as good anyone can hope for given where things are and have been headed, regardless of the election results. I just want a build date. 18 months in now.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to find a dealer with an allocation ....
I did and 1 of the 2 trucks got built. Not mine. This year I had them order a 37 and another R I have the first 2024 when they can place an order. Now the 37 order got pulled in Dec and has a build week in a month, hoping I have a build week for the R before the 37 hits the lot or I have a decision to make- one in the hand or one in the parts bin in Dearborn. have been a year without a raptor now after selling my 22 37pp in Feb 2023 for what I paid after having it 11 months and putting 24k on it, will not do that again however.