Kicker Sub Upgrade How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's just misleading when it says it won't work the Sony navi system in the description

Thats because the Sony system comes with a factory amp for the door speakers and they don't interchange . Plus no plug for the factory SUB . But you already know how to deal with that . Just ditch the door speaker amp and use the old sub plug and splice like in the pics I posted and you will have a smile the first time you turn it on .

OP
OP
cgibs89

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be mindful the full system also doesn't use the factory tweeters since the Kicker speakers are two-way speakers. I believe I read that on the F150 forum when someone "MacGyver'd" the full system into a Sony truck.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I want is the sub haha, but nobody has one for sale right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well sorry fellas. Dealership messaged me back via ebay, and there are no more subs like that out there, and none left in the pipeline :( other places sell them but for like 500+. Might as well get the whole kit at that price

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn I just bought a bunch of off-road lighting or I would. Good find! I'm going to put it on my watch list just in case..