KC HiLites New LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$799?!?! Eeeesh! Can someone post up any comparison D2 versus KC cubes output pictures being the cost is based around the D2 kit when u guys get a chance ? It be kewl if others that have the D2's that are making the switch, can install one side at a time and take one picture. Lessen the chance of picture enhancements/biased reviews.

KC, what size LEDs are you guys running in this setup?! The reason I ask is because rigid is very good quality, comparing 4 LEDs per cube to 6 per D2 calls for justification in my eyes.

I'm still very very anxious to see you guys really offer some exciting news......AMBER LEDS! Covers defray light output and amber covers are too hyper yellow for me when lit.......

Last edited:

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other options out there... I have 12,000 lumens pushing out the front of my truck for less than $700 dollars, they they are not a vendor on this site, so everything I say is verboten...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384832807.263091.jpg

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are other options out there... I have 12,000 lumens pushing out the front of my truck for less than $700 dollars, they they are not a vendor on this site, so everything I say is verboten...
View attachment 37300

Only reason I mentioned rigid in KC's thread was due to their kit priced solely to rigids D2's which in fact is a copy but not a cheapo kit. Are these the cube KC's u have pictured?!? I have tons of lumen too cheaper but let's not derail this thread. I'm curious to know more with KC branded cubes versus the D2's. Specs are greatly appreciated KC.
thanks.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 37300

You keep mentioning another lighting company but don't say what it is, should I assume its some Chinese made lightbar?

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You keep mentioning another lighting company but don't say what it is, should I assume its some Chinese made lightbar?

I don't mention them here out of respect for KC and other vendors who pay money to be on this site.

As for where they are manufactured, assembled, and shipped from, it's right here in Sacramento California. Not a big company, obviously, but they are very, very prominent in the motorcycle community. Their lights stand up to everyday abuse onboard BMW GSA style motorcycles (read: riders who go in all weather and terrain conditions - they can take abuse).

I can PM you all individually. Just send me a PM first.

CHEERS!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384872448.891799.jpg

^^-- Did I mention that they are dimmable? Here is the lowest setting for everyday driving...

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
........Can someone post up any comparison D2 versus KC cubes output pictures being the cost is based around the D2 kit when u guys get a chance ? It be kewl if others that have the D2's that are making the switch, can install one side at a time and take one picture. Lessen the chance of picture enhancements/biased reviews.

I'd be interested to see this as well.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Can someone post up any comparison D2 versus KC cubes output pictures being the cost is based around the D2 kit when u guys get a chance ? It be kewl if others that have the D2's that are making the switch, can install one side at a time and take one picture. Lessen the chance of picture enhancements/biased reviews.
I have the KC setup and would be happy to participate in a side by side comparison. The next event coming up is TRR in April - I will be there.