K&n or airaid air intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcv838

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have narrowed in down to k&n or airaid air intake. Trying to see what current users think about them. As soon as I can decide on this and an exhaust I will also be pairing it with the SVC tune.

Last edited:

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind hearing about the KN, i've always installed those intakes on all my vehicles but haven't on the raptor, it was a waste of money on the cobra SVT,, and I've heard it's not worth it on the raptor for whatever reason. It's almost worth it for the noise though lol.i've also heard you cannot buy kn in California

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are both good options but I would recommend the airaird. Shoot me a PM if you would like some pricing on the SVC tune and intake.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I have an airaid intake. Never had the stock on, as I bought it with the airaid already installed. I have the stock airbox just in case, but have been very happy with the airaid. I can't hear any noise or air from it, as the headers and exhaust do a nice job covering up any additional sound.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
@Jcv838 SVC and I reccomend staying with the OEM intake and dropping in a good quality air filter when pairing with the SVC tune. The gains of an CAI are not worth the money, and the OEM intake is actually pretty efficient, and is pretty good at staying in one piece offroad, lol. Unless you want some extra "whooshing" sounds, save your money.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the intakes, filters and the SVC TUNE!

-Joseph Haynes

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to Amazon and got the K&N for my truck. I also have the Prefilter. I love it. No problems with it. It was cheap too. I pressure wash my engine all the time and shoot the Prefilter and my truck has never skipped a beat.

OP
OP
J

Jcv838

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it easy to install the k&n. I see that you need to replace the coolant resivor. Also since you remove the whole stock box is the k&n filter completely exposed on the bottom?