Just Ordered the new SPD Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.5 Ecoboost will never, ever sound good. You guys are wasting your money and generally annoying other drivers around you. It's rather like those inline 4 tuner cars that never sound good no matter what is done to them. Loud exhausts just feed all the negative stereotypes about Raptor drivers. I at least hope all of these stupid exhausts come with a case of energy drinks, an Affliction t-shirt and a coupon for some sick ink.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3.5 Ecoboost will never, ever sound good. You guys are wasting your money and generally annoying other drivers around you. It's rather like those inline 4 tuner cars that never sound good no matter what is done to them. Loud exhausts just feed all the negative stereotypes about Raptor drivers. I at least hope all of these stupid exhausts come with a case of energy drinks, an Affliction t-shirt and a coupon for some sick ink.

Have you considered a job in Corsa Exhaust marketing? ;)

I agree that most aftermarket exhaust systems make our truck louder, but not in a good way. They are either too loud, too raspy or both. I did a simple muffler replacement on mine and I have gotten used to the growl it makes under heavy acceleration. Not too loud, but I can hear when I want to.

Is it annoying for other drivers? Only if they are super-sensitive to V6 noises. Otherwise, I think it is downright tame compared to the MagnaFlow True Duals with AFE CAI noises my Tuned Gen 1 6.2L used to make. :cool:

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be fun at parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered a job in Corsa Exhaust marketing? ;)

I agree that most aftermarket exhaust systems make our truck louder, but not in a good way. They are either too loud, too raspy or both. I did a simple muffler replacement on mine and I have gotten used to the growl it makes under heavy acceleration. Not too loud, but I can hear when I want to.

Is it annoying for other drivers? Only if they are super-sensitive to V6 noises. Otherwise, I think it is downright tame compared to the MagnaFlow True Duals with AFE CAI noises my Tuned Gen 1 6.2L used to make. :cool:

Which muffler did you swap in and any sound clips?

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG have you also been accused of to much money and a small *****??? I bet loud exhaust really drives that home as well. :D

It would more correctly be "too much money...", so hats off to you for reinforcing another Raptor owner stereotype.

The engine in stock form sounds like crap. Modified, it just sounds like louder crap. There is nothing anyone can do about it. So buy your Ford Perf. exhausts and your Borla ATAKs and all the other janky aftermarket junk. It won't make any difference in the end. The engine has poor acoustic properties and sounds horrible.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which muffler did you swap in and any sound clips?

I went with the FlowMaster FlowFX muffler replacement. There is no drone at any speed and it is quiet when driving normally, but growls nicely under acceleration.

Here are a couple of video clips that convinced me to put it on my 2018.

Toadster video, scroll forward to the 5 minute mark:

Installation video, scroll to the 4:15 mark for sound clip: