Jerking/rocking feel when coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BigWurmHerm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you kinda get it when you start too? With a slight chirp and almost a bit of feeling as though something was bound up and releases?

Now that you say that, I kinda do. I don't hear a "chirp" but the release feeling is there.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My issue was the drive shaft yolk needed to be lubed (man, that sounds dirty). I had it done when it was in for some other crap and it solved my problem. It was driving me crazy - I thought it was the rear shocks.

OP
OP
B

BigWurmHerm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issue was the drive shaft yolk needed to be lubed (man, that sounds dirty). I had it done when it was in for some other crap and it solved my problem. It was driving me crazy - I thought it was the rear shocks.

The truck is supposed to go in for scheduled maintenance end of June. Ill have them take a look and hopefully they can fix it. What exactly did you tell the mechanic?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck is supposed to go in for scheduled maintenance end of June. Ill have them take a look and hopefully they can fix it. What exactly did you tell the mechanic?

I told him about the annoying noise. He went on a ride with me and knew exactly what it was. I was seriously skeptical, but when I got the truck back the noise and binding feeling was gone. He lubed the slip yolk. This is actually the second time I've had it done and I'm at 50K miles.