2023 Raptor Clunk when coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awd5906

Reaction score
Hi everyone, finally got through the break in period on my 23 Raptor. I’ve noticed that intermittently the transmission or possibly something else in the drivetrain will clunk when I’m coming to a stop. Seems to manifest itself more in sports mode around 5 mph or lower when rolling to a stop. Almost feels like a sloppy down shift to first gear. Slowing down almost at a stop then CLUNK. FWIW I have a 35. Anyone else experience this and have a solution?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I’ll try this out at some point but it’s intermittent to the point that it’s not worrisome. Appreciate it!
this 100% fixed the problem on my 2018. took me less than an hour.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, finally got through the break in period on my 23 Raptor. I’ve noticed that intermittently the transmission or possibly something else in the drivetrain will clunk when I’m coming to a stop. Seems to manifest itself more in sports mode around 5 mph or lower when rolling to a stop. Almost feels like a sloppy down shift to first gear. Slowing down almost at a stop then CLUNK. FWIW I have a 35. Anyone else experience this and have a solution?
It sounds like you’re just feeling the downshift to first gear. Sport mode will make that more apparent since the shifts are firmer.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the worst factory transmission software tuning of all time lol. Apparently goosetuned fixes this bunk @ss transmission but not cool we have to potentially void warranties to get a smooth shifting tranny.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my 2023 does this also, in sport mode. I'm pretty sure it is the transmission down shifting.