2023 Raptor Clunk when coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmb396

Reaction score
Mine does this as well. Did it much more frequent when the truck was brand new and under 1k miles. Now that I have nearly 5k on it, I don't think it ever does it, or i'm just use to it and don't notice it as much.

Reaction score
Yes, my 2023 Raptor is brand new and does the same horrible “thunk”. Sounds terrible as if the transmission is being abused, but it’s apparently “normal”. Hopefully, Ford will send out a service bulletin and simple software flash to fix it.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been noticing this only in 4A and very randomly. It feels like a transmission thing because it's during a downshift.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, finally got through the break in period on my 23 Raptor. I’ve noticed that intermittently the transmission or possibly something else in the drivetrain will clunk when I’m coming to a stop. Seems to manifest itself more in sports mode around 5 mph or lower when rolling to a stop. Almost feels like a sloppy down shift to first gear. Slowing down almost at a stop then CLUNK. FWIW I have a 35. Anyone else experience this and have a olution?
Yes, my 23 Raptor with 35” tires does the same thing. A few ’clunks’ were extremely harsh (especially in sports mode). I keep everything in normal mode which helps. It’s intermittent and usually occurs at 12-14 mph on the downshift. I’ve considered the aftermarket tunes to smooth the shift. However, it will void the warranty. I’ve put 14k miles on it so far. As of now there i s no service bulletin that I’m aware of. Let us know if your dealer resolves the issue.