JDM "Burn Out" Custom Tune installed on Bill's 2013 Raptor!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2013 Raptor 6.2L with Cold Air intake and Exhaust testing the JDM "Burn Out" Tune. JDM's customer Bill wanted to light the tires up but with Raptors sophisticated traction control systems it sometimes makes this difficult. With a JDM Custom tune installed Bill was able to bypass the throttle shut down point and spin the tires on command! Here is one of 3 Burn outs he performed in the JDM parking lot yesterday smile emoticon For more information contact 732-780-0770 or email [email protected]

*Recommended Stiffer Rear Leaf Springs to prevent Wheel Hop and Axle Wrap!

JimIII@JDM

JDM Burn Out Tune on Vimeo

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jim are you able to remove or increase the 3000rpm limiter in neutral and park?

Yes we can remove and even raise it. It is there for a reason however as Neutral Revving or Free Revving the motor is never a good idea. It abusive to the valve train and other components especially when the motor is cold.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah I know that, it's just that some can and some can't.
Doesn't matter which year or Tune, every one has a different answer.

Even doing burnouts some can and some cannot, there isn't a clear reason as to why.
But good to know you can adjust it, is that for all years with the 6.2L?

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yeah I know that, it's just that some can and some can't.
Doesn't matter which year or Tune, every one has a different answer.

Even doing burnouts some can and some cannot, there isn't a clear reason as to why.
But good to know you can adjust it, is that for all years with the 6.2L?

Yes I know for a fact we can do it for all 2011-2014 Trucks. They have similar based strategys. The 2010's are a little different I would have to look into that. As far as burn outs go, if they can't do one they need our tune! or instruction on how traction control works!

Even if you can get the wheels to spin on a stock or aftermarket tune it will still hit a throttle limiter just above a wheel speed of 30mph and close the throttle blade down. So if you try to do a big smokey burn out you can still look like an amatuer with out this limitation removed or raised.

JimIII

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, for the explanations.

Now just so everyone on the same page when they read this thread.
You can remove and or raise the both the 30 mph wheel limiters and rev limiters.
As per customers request of course. LOL

Nice!!! I like that, I think a lot of guys are going to be calling you.
Having those features tweaked and not using off-road mode will make a few happy.

Now if we could only get the rear diff to stay locked past 30 mph in street mode, you'll make everyone happy.
Especially in the dirt! In my honest opinion.
Off-road mode doesn't appeal to everyone! NA or Supercharged!!!

Last edited:

Big Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim III
I can't tell you how happy I am with my new JDM "Burn Out" Tune. It is so Awesome to smoke em when you want to. After the smoke clears the rest of the tune is fantastic the shift points are great and throttle response is crisp. I attached a video clip so everyone can see and hear how the rest of the tune is after the smoke clears.

Big Bill - FORD RAPTOR FORUM on Vimeo