Jarrett's Truck 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No 4wd either !
Looks good though, nice geometry !

There will be a 4 wheel drive version coming once this setup is complete and dialed in. We recognize the need some people have for it geographically with weather conditions and such, but for many, it's just added weight and another variable holding the truck back. Unless you have a multi million dollar race budget such as the Herbst had with their old 4wd TT, you can run way faster through bigger stuff without the limiting factor of all the 4wd parts.

When we were deciding to build a long travel kit, we weighed both options and decided it would be a better route for us to go 2wd first. After talking to lots of customers we have come to learn there is a huge segment of Raptor owners just like us, who never use the 4wd. Personally I wish Ford would have offered a 2wd version from the get-go, but because they didn't we took the matter into our own hands. Short of cutting off the front end and center mounting the control arm pivots, this setup should be about as good as you can get because of the geometry behind it. But it's all speculation until it's up and running with lots of tuning under it's belt, and that isn't more than a few weeks away. Either way it should be pretty fun.
Jarrett

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Before i owned the raptor, i only owned 2wd trucks. And i got by during the winter and snow. But having the 4wd in the raptor is a blast in the winter. If i lived in a more consistant climate like out west or south, i wouldnt even hesitate to drop the 4wd system.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Before i owned the raptor, i only owned 2wd trucks. And i got by during the winter and snow. But having the 4wd in the raptor is a blast in the winter. If i lived in a more consistent climate like out west or south, i wouldn't even hesitate to drop the 4wd system.

I hear ya.

Last time I used 4wd in a truck was on the CO run a few years ago. For that type of run, it was very helpful. But even with a 4wd long travel setup it would have been really hard because of the tight switchbacks. With the loss of steering, it might have been almost impossible to make it the whole way.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
Rasco finished months ago. Once we cut the new front suspension for my truck we will throw the motor back in. I can't wait to feel difference between the new and old. I owe Rasco big time for taking care of me.

Jarrett

Why wait? Ill let you throw your new motor in my 5.4L truck and try it out tomorrow!!

Just say the word.