The "I am not very good at coming up with truck names" build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to finally see some more photos of and read some details about your truck!

You think you could post some more photos of the area tieing the pockets together? I've always hated how the lower mounts of my bumper attach to an 1/8" aluminum skidplate and would like to cook up something similar to what you have done.
Here are a few, let me know if you want to see any other angles.

4F068D68-F032-47F6-8ED4-CD3EC30DCC34.jpeg54771731-E7E8-4BFB-B453-F3190830C2FE.jpegFD43E33E-1738-46A5-A365-53B218E1F128.jpegA11C0470-F7ED-4584-9BA6-8FDEE5A9FA8D.jpeg250B9DC8-5D3D-4968-B88F-475DAE8F9028.jpeg

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's perfect, thank you. Looks like you trimmed off the front of the Engine Skid also, I had to do that for an Evil bumper install recently for a friend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's perfect, thank you. Looks like you trimmed off the front of the Engine Skid also, I had to do that fir an Evil bumper install recently for a friend.
Anytime.

The front skid is trimmed, it probably could use a tab or two attached to that lower tube connecting the pockets, but I have not had any issues yet.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked with Keith from Dirty Deeds for about thirty minutes this afternoon, really nice guy. Are you still liking your 20"? I'm leaning really hard towards a 24" or 26"x6" setup from him. I want a stout and quiet setup that i dont have to worry about leaving behind on the trail or track.

OP
OP
J

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keith is a good dude for sure. I do like the 20" but full disclosure, I went with the 20" to keep the noise down some since I was planning on headers. Basically I don't daily drive it and I like louder vehicles that sound good. I get plenty of compliments on it, especially at 5000 rpm's ripping around in the dirt.

One thing I can't remember if he uses as a selling point or not, but we did discuss this some. He uses a little thicker wall pipe and it changes the sound some, in a good way. I have only had a few small issues with the system, but nothing myself and a local fab buddy couldn't fix and I'm not exactly gentle to it.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keith is a good dude for sure. I do like the 20" but full disclosure, I went with the 20" to keep the noise down some since I was planning on headers. Basically I don't daily drive it and I like louder vehicles that sound good. I get plenty of compliments on it, especially at 5000 rpm's ripping around in the dirt.

One thing I can't remember if he uses as a selling point or not, but we did discuss this some. He uses a little thicker wall pipe and it changes the sound some, in a good way. I have only had a few small issues with the system, but nothing myself and a local fab buddy couldn't fix and I'm not exactly gentle to it.

That's awesome to hear, he also told me yesterday that they are phasing out any aluminized steel and going to full stainless kits without a cost increase over what's currently listed.

I've seen a lot of different exhaust tip locations with the dirty deeds setup. Referencing your exhaust, would it be possible to clock the entire system up closer to the body and still keep the exhaust tip looking level?

OP
OP
J

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome to hear, he also told me yesterday that they are phasing out any aluminized steel and going to full stainless kits without a cost increase over what's currently listed.

I've seen a lot of different exhaust tip locations with the dirty deeds setup. Referencing your exhaust, would it be possible to clock the entire system up closer to the body and still keep the exhaust tip looking level?
You can clock it for sure, but the tip won’t be level. I’m not sure how much you can get away without noticing that it isn’t level.

Interestingly enough I lost the bolt for the new mount on my last trip. I’ll go out and clock it a few way and take photos before I install a new one.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can clock it for sure, but the tip won’t be level. I’m not sure how much you can get away without noticing that it isn’t level.

Interestingly enough I lost the bolt for the new mount on my last trip. I’ll go out and clock it a few way and take photos before I install a new one.

You are helping to restore my faith in humanity. :favorites13:

That would be great, thank you. Any plans to make to trip west for the Texas Raptor Run?