Jack mount bolts just spin... Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a tuffy security storage unit for under my rear seat of my 13 Scab. Part of the instructions is to remove the factory jack mounting plate bolts. Using a 1/4 inch ratchet I started to loosen one. it broke a little loose then just spins. 2 out of the three bolts do this. The bolts not stripped but the captured nut it threads into under the cab spins. Now i cant even tighten them back up cause they just spin nor can i install my tuffy storage unit.

Seems like a warranty issue to me. What about you guys? only have 23k on the truck
@FordService whats your take Crystal?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we remove a lot of oem subwoofers and the jack plate in the supercabs quite often. this is a common issue. quite a few of them have been over torqued at the factory. since we permanently remove the jack/subwoofer (same nut that is riveted in place) we either cover the hole with sound deadening, or if we need to reuse the hole, we will put sound deadening down and poke a hole for a new bolt and washer.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I picked up a tuffy security storage unit for under my rear seat of my 13 Scab. Part of the instructions is to remove the factory jack mounting plate bolts. Using a 1/4 inch ratchet I started to loosen one. it broke a little loose then just spins. 2 out of the three bolts do this. The bolts not stripped but the captured nut it threads into under the cab spins. Now i cant even tighten them back up cause they just spin nor can i install my tuffy storage unit.

Seems like a warranty issue to me. What about you guys? only have 23k on the truck
@FordService whats your take Crystal?

Might be worth a shot, Trav. If it's convenient, you can drop by and have a tech take a look. If it's out of your way, you can call the service manager and get their thoughts before heading in.

Crystal