Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New tires, but what kind did they put on? As long as you keep them balanced and rotate them every 10k miles you should be in good shape. BTW 26k miles on the clock is nothing. Definitely buy an extended warranty just because^^^^. I have used already extended warranty on the telescopic steering column repair. $100 deductible versus $780. And sunroof repair on my 11 Scab that I sold $1800, track replacement. Welcome and post pics

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question, I noticed that in the pictures of the truck I did not see any carpeted mats, only rubber mats that were shown in the bed of the truck (when the pictures were taken).

What carpeted mats were put into the 2014 special red ones? Does anyone know the part number?

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can order floormats anywhere:

Here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HB9IPA0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

The extended warranty is for peace of mind but is generally not a good investment. Those companies are around to make $$ so they've figured out what to charge on each vehicle so overall the company is profitable. For every person who says thank god, there are 3 that didn't get their $$ worth of repairs. This is why a BMW warranty costs $$$$ while one for a Camry is cheap.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I skipped on extending my warranty as the clowns at ford couldn't fix my vibrating driver's side mirror.
Went to 2 different dealerships and dealt with a regional customer service advisor. Complete 2 month waste of time.

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can order floormats anywhere:

Here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HB9IPA0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

The extended warranty is for peace of mind but is generally not a good investment. Those companies are around to make $$ so they've figured out what to charge on each vehicle so overall the company is profitable. For every person who says thank god, there are 3 that didn't get their $$ worth of repairs. This is why a BMW warranty costs $$$$ while one for a Camry is cheap.

Oh, so there are no Raptor specific carpet mats? Just the rubber all season ones?

and What does the warranty typically run? And how long is the duration? I am trying to decide if its worth the little extra just to avoid future headaches when the truck is like 9-10 yrs old.

D

Deleted member 12951

As long as you keep them balanced and rotate them every 10k miles you should be in good shape.

Actually its 5k miles for rotation. Its in the supplemental manual for the Raptor.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Oh, so there are no Raptor specific carpet mats? Just the rubber all season ones?

The Raptor only comes with the rubber mats and has SVT on the side on the front ones. I really like the mats and no way would I ever want carpet ones. If you decide to swap it out, you will probably have no issue selling them. If you are going to get carpet ones get Lloyds.

If you get a warranty, get the Ford one only. Don't even consider a 3rd party one, those are a waste of money.

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually its 5k miles for rotation. Its in the supplemental manual for the Raptor.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

The Raptor only comes with the rubber mats and has SVT on the side on the front ones. I really like the mats and no way would I ever want carpet ones. If you decide to swap it out, you will probably have no issue selling them. If you are going to get carpet ones get Lloyds.

If you get a warranty, get the Ford one only. Don't even consider a 3rd party one, those are a waste of money.

I got not problem with the 5k, only thing that sucks is the 30k service will be the first one I would hit. Anything I should be concerned there?

as for the mats, that's fine, just wanted to make sure something wasn't missing.

As for the warranty, for the Ford one, how much does it run?