Issue with order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am posting this on behalf of my Dad, who is not a member on FRF.

After I showed him the Black Friday sales thread he decided to order lights for SnoBall.

Order was placed on 03DEC14 and received a week or so later.

Date Ordered:
12/3/2014
Order Number:
AB-2318

Pro Series Dual Row 40W x2
Beam style: Spot
Include wiring harness?: No thanks, I will do my own wiring.

180W Pro 30" Single Row x1

60W Pro 11" Single Row x2

Immediately upon unboxing, it was obvious the optics on the two 11" bars was not a spot pattern.

Which can happen, as simply as someone grabbing the wrong box when they shipped from HongKong.

He has since tried to contact you via e-mail. He received a response stating that he would have to ship the two bars back, before ones with the correct lenses can be shipped to him. It also mentioned that we can't just be shipped the lenses to change it.

This was roughly 2 weeks ago now. He has not received any further info or a shipping label for the return.

We're both leaving 12 days from now for the SnoBall500 trip(you can see us both listed as Josh H and Neil H under the group listing for the run). Unfortunately it now seems unlikely that a turnaround will happen in time so that he can have all his lights for the trip, which is what they were purchased for in the first place.

I'm just trying to do what I can to help him out to get this taken care of, especially because I'm the one that pointed him in the direction of Olympus when he was shopping for lights.

I can be PM'd for any of his contact info.

Reaction score
I am posting this on behalf of my Dad, who is not a member on FRF.

After I showed him the Black Friday sales thread he decided to order lights for SnoBall.

Order was placed on 03DEC14 and received a week or so later.

Date Ordered:
12/3/2014
Order Number:
AB-2318

Pro Series Dual Row 40W x2

180W Pro 30" Single Row x1

60W Pro 11" Single Row x2

Immediately upon unboxing, it was obvious the optics on the two 11" bars was not a spot pattern.

Which can happen, as simply as someone grabbing the wrong box when they shipped from HongKong.

He has since tried to contact you via e-mail. He received a response stating that he would have to ship the two bars back, before ones with the correct lenses can be shipped to him. It also mentioned that we can't just be shipped the lenses to change it.

This was roughly 2 weeks ago now. He has not received any further info or a shipping label for the return.

We're both leaving 12 days from now for the SnoBall500 trip(you can see us both listed as Josh H and Neil H under the group listing for the run). Unfortunately it now seems unlikely that a turnaround will happen in time so that he can have all his lights for the trip, which is what they were purchased for in the first place.

I'm just trying to do what I can to help him out to get this taken care of, especially because I'm the one that pointed him in the direction of Olympus when he was shopping for lights.

I can be PM'd for any of his contact info.

We sent new ones out to you as we told you with a return shipping label. Should be there anytime. Contact us direct for more info.

BTW..... Hong Kong and Guangzhou are two very different places. ;)

Our policy is we do not ship new lights till we have the old ones back now. You are correct with this assumption.

OP
OP
BramageDained

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. They're both china aren't they? I thought the fedex thing had a hongkong stamp on it.

We were fine with having to send the ones here right now back first, we just were both wondering what was the hold up on a shipping label to return them.

I know he had been checking his e-mail every day, and had not heard anything about new ones/return label being sent his way-until this reply.

But, as I mentioned, I'm just a middleman in this since he doesn't use the forum.

Reaction score
Thanks. They're both china aren't they? I thought the fedex thing had a Hong Kong stamp on it.

We were fine with having to send the ones here right now back first, we just were both wondering what was the hold up on a shipping label to return them.

I know he had been checking his e-mail every day, and had not heard anything about new ones/return label being sent his way-until this reply.

But, as I mentioned, I'm just a middleman in this since he doesn't use the forum.

They are both China yes... but about as Much China as PR is America.

Hk is its own Island and a total different animal. We are located on the main land. The port processes through HK but we are not there no. Big difference.

We do need the other lights back. I emailed a shipping label but it seem the USPS account never like to get labels where they need to go.

D

Deleted member 12951

Our policy is we do not ship new lights till we have the old ones back now. You are correct with this assumption.

I have never ordered from Olympus but thanks for this info. I will never order from a company that has this type of policy again. You should at least offer an advanced replacement option to hold a credit card incase you never get the return. To flat out have a policy that you will not, leaves a sour taste in my mouth as I am already dealing with another vendor here on the same type of crappy customer service policy.

Reaction score
I have never ordered from Olympus but thanks for this info. I will never order from a company that has this type of policy again. You should at least offer an advanced replacement option to hold a credit card incase you never get the return. To flat out have a policy that you will not, leaves a sour taste in my mouth as I am already dealing with another vendor here on the same type of crappy customer service policy.

I am sorry to hear this. The amount of customer that screw us is nearly 90%. Even if we ship a label they never send it back. Personally I think it is crappy that we have as many losses as we do based on customers who don't send products back or items for warranty or anything.

Cant tell you how many people's light magically start working when we tell them we need the light back for warranty. Also for warranty we don't simply send a new light. Customer sends in light and we repair and if item is not repairable ( only twice in 5 years ) we send a new item.

-Daniel

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I am sorry to hear this. The amount of customer that screw u sis nearly 90%. Even if we ship a label they never send it back. Personally I think it is crappy that we have as many losses as we do based on customers who don't send products back or items for warranty or anything.

Cant tell you how many people's light magically start working when we tell them we need the light back for warranty. Also for warranty we don't simply send a new light. Customer sends in light and we repair and if item is not repairable ( only twice in 5 years ) we send a new item.

-Daniel

Speedway Motors policy.. ( biggest speed/ parts shop in america )

How to return an item:
Please re-pack the item in a sturdy box, include a copy of your invoice and complete the form on the back of the invoice. Returns must be shipped prepaid. CODs are not accepted. Shipping costs for exchanged merchandise will be charged to your credit card.

Items that are returned after 60 days are subject to a 15% restocking charge. Fiberglass items returned will be subject to a 15% restocking charge. We are unable to accept returns on electrical parts, video tapes, DVD's, books, special order or closeout merchandise.

OP
OP
BramageDained

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do need the other lights back. I emailed a shipping label but it seem the USPS account never like to get labels where they need to go.

He has not received any e-mail with a label.

Just to clarify, is the return label going to be part of the package coming with the new lights, or, are you e-mailing it?

Reaction score
He has not received any e-mail with a label.

Just to clarify, is the return label going to be part of the package coming with the new lights, or, are you e-mailing it?

Label was emailed through usps...

Seems they are not actually sending the labels. had a few other people notify me they did not get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.