Is mounting a GoFastCamper on ADV carbon bedsides a terrible idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pil

Reaction score
Anyone have experience putting a topper on carbon bedsides? Any different than glass? Am I going to end up with an expensive mess of cracked carbon fiber?

Also, curious if anyone on here has a GFC and if so, how it’s held up to high speeds through the desert?

From GFC:
For any sort of bedside that isn't stock we will recommend reinforcing them with some metal plating or something that is more rigid. Usually that is for fiberglass, and I know carbon fiber is a different beast, but we still recommend the reinforcing to be 100 percent sure it is sturdy. Along with that you will have to sign a liability waiver noting that GFC is not liable if something were to happen due to the weight of the camper on your aftermarket bedsides.

JJW5556

Reaction score
I have the same question. I just purchased a 2020 with carbon bed sides and would like to install a back flip but worry that it could crack over time?

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would have to see how the top rail of the bedside was mounted to the under structure.

When I did mine on the Poverty-Runner I used Trophy Truck glass from McNeil that arched slightly and the fiberglass bed rail caps did not sit flush on the metal inner bed side in the middle.
They were solidly mounted on the ends but I had to make a small brace to touch in the middle.
There is no way I could have put weight on the glass.