Introducing myself and Roxie...my 2020 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale K

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Today I get to be a newbie. My name is Dale and I'm new to the FordRaptorForum as of today.

I purchased a new 2020 SCrew 802A package, and Lead Foot paint a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure you've noticed that she's already named.

I have also been moving in with some upgrades right out of the gate.

You will notice that YES I do have a canopy. It's a Leer 100XQ Sport that I had originally installed on my 2020 Platinum what was Magnetic Grey and I have had the canopy re-shot in Lead Foot to match up with the new truck. It also has a Leer Locker which I highly recommend. I do have a hoist system in my garage to remove the canopy for those outings that I plan to use the Raptor for which it is intended.....Baja trails and jumping if I so choose. I'm not really keen on catching air with the canopy on the back.....at least not right now until I research on best practice for such antics.

I've had the bed shot with Line-X, and the rear wheel wells undercoated. I also have the Ford rubber mat in the back (which I'm glad I didn't trim to fit my 2020 Platinum as it fits like a glove in this truck).

She has 3M paint protection film on the whole hood and whole front fenders along with the normal mirror caps and door edges.

I also just installed the Rigid Triple Lights in the bumper using the up-fitter switches in the cab overhead and pre-wiring under the hood. I'm sure the wire color codes are posted somewhere here in the forum for the current truck, but if not, I'll be happy to share that info as it's in my book. Just let me know if that's needed.

I have the Auto-Stop Eliminator as well as Forscan.

I am researching new wheels. I did not get the truck with bead-lock capable wheels from the dealership. So I am wheel shopping. I do not want wheels that will offset to the point of damaging fenders and other equipment so, I've been looking at the Ford Performance Beadlock wheels for 2019-20 Raptor as a possibility....although they are pricey but I know they are designed for this truck. It's built to fly...not be a Mall-Crawler so I want to get that right. I've wanted a Raptor since BEFORE they came out.

Me personally. I'm 50 and a widower. I lost my wife to cancer (Lymphoma) this last August. Before you feel sorry for me on this, I will just say don't. I had an amazing marriage to an amazing woman that loved me for the rest of her life and I will love her for the rest of mine. But life isn't stopping for me. She would hate that. So I decided that I would rather go wheelin, fishing, and RV'ing than feel sorry for myself. I work and play hard.

My background is technical oriented and I'm currently an engineer in the high-end motorcoach industry. I work with many manufacturers as well as design aftermarket applications using multiplexing technologies that we build. I see some folks flat-towing their Raptors behind their coaches while I attend and speak at many of the MotorCoach rallies all over the country throughout the year, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I know some of you here.

So I'm new to wheeling in the Raptor and I'm very excited to learn my truck. I am set to go to Raptor Assault next month which should give me a good baseline on the capabilities of what the Raptor can do as well.

I'll look forward to getting to know y'all and maybe even making some friends. I'll thank those in-the-know in advance for sharing their knowledge, experiences, and most importantly...pictures of adventures in your trucks. I'll also look forward to doing some great upgrades to mine and doing the same.

So I see here, that if there aren't pics......it's a Prius right?!?

You will see Roxie's evil step-sibling Pearl....She's an upfitted 2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon. Best of both worlds.......

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! Keep living and enjoying. Live has thrown you a curve ball, but you swung and hit it. Enjoy those rides.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for the formal intro !! Lots of amazing people here to answer anything about our beastly trucks !!