Interior Chrome Trim Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pammalamma

Reaction score
I'm wanting to Plasti Dip those chrome trims around my cup holder and shifter. I've seen pictures of it done afterwards but no pics/videos of the actual removal. I DID find a video of the entire center console removal, but I'm hoping there's a better way... Other than taping pretty much everything in my truck and trying to do it without taking them off. That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Can anyone help a girl out?
:help:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very carefully. Those videos are a good start. I don't recall seeing any full threads on the process though.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Put the truck in neutral. Grab the bottom of the back half cup holder shifter section in front of the center console lid and lift up. It will pop off. Be careful, you need to unplug wires for the switches in the front. then you can unclip the chrome rings.
I wrapped mine in carbon fiber

OP
OP
Pammalamma

Pammalamma

Reaction score
Done and Done

Got it. I didn't completely remove the center console though. I just lifted it up just enough to get to the clips. Totally worked out. Thanks whtrapta!!

Attachments

• Plasti Dip Console.jpg
    Plasti Dip Console.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 89

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
I broke a clip on mine that goes to the cup holders so said screw it to painting... Haven't checked the price on a replacement but I bet its over priced.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
Yep, I knew it! DONT break any of your friggen clips, called to order a new chrome surrounding thats around my shifter and they say it DOESN'T come separate, if you want it you need to get that whole area that pops off for $500 bucks!! ********, if something pops off it should be friggen available seperate!