Carbon fiber interior trim covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd just make a new thread here.

When I first got my Raptor I also had a 2013 Limited with the red interior in it. I swapped over basically everything from the Limited that was different from the Raptor. It was interesting there were areas on the Raptor that they cheaped out on. The door panels on the Limited were actual leather with red stitching as well as the cover above the cluster, the center console armrest was leather, instead of the plain "aluminum" trim the Raptor had the Limited had brushed aluminum, and instead of the painted gray trim the Raptor had the Limited had gloss black trim. The Limited also had the OEM ambient lighting as well which got swapped into the Raptor.

The one thing that bugged be still was the Raptor still had chrome door handles as well as the shifter, shifter surround, and cupholder surrounds like the Limited. Knowing well that vinyl wrapping curved pieces is a large pain in the butt, and that painting interior pieces is not a great idea as it doesn't hold up, I decided that either replacing or covering the stock pieces would be best. I had recently installed the carbon fiber covers for the hood and fender vents and really liked the way they looked, so I figured I'd carry that over into the interior. I installed the door handle covers last week, and this week installed the rear cupholder surround. I was hoping they made covers that would just go over the chrome trim rings, but the only piece available was the whole cover. I also have the front carbon fiber covers on order for the shifter surround and the front cupholder trim rings. The B&M shifter was installed as well so I no longer have the leather/chrome stock shifter.

I'm curious to see what you guys have done to de-chrome your interiors!

Attachments

• PXL_20220916_022703351.jpg
    PXL_20220916_022703351.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 198
  • PXL_20220916_022806004.jpg
    PXL_20220916_022806004.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 198
  • PXL_20220930_201030108.jpg
    PXL_20220930_201030108.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 200
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also wanted to add - I looked into trying to use the door handles from something like an XL or XLT truck that had the black plastic door handles, but the issue is that the surround around the handle is also the black/gray textured plastic, meaning it won't match any of the other trim in the truck. As far as I know all the trucks with the floor console had chrome trim as well, I don't think you could get a floor console without it.

1664569747058.png

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last piece of the chrome delete should be here Monday which is the front shifter and cupholder trim. I'm debating getting some vinyl stickers made to cover the Limited badging on the seats, but I also kind of like it as it stands out as being not stock to the truck.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you list your build sheet and prices? Im interested in doing something similar. Are these just covers that went on the door handles? How was the shifter replacement? Id like something different for my shifter. Im going to ask the wife for a new steering wheel for christmas...was thinking the carbon fiber option, ebay has them for like 320.00, i dont have heated steering....i dont think....if i got a steering wheel with heated steering is the connections already built into the truck?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you list your build sheet and prices? Im interested in doing something similar. Are these just covers that went on the door handles? How was the shifter replacement? Id like something different for my shifter. Im going to ask the wife for a new steering wheel for christmas...was thinking the carbon fiber option, ebay has them for like 320.00, i dont have heated steering....i dont think....if i got a steering wheel with heated steering is the connections already built into the truck?

Yes, they are just covers that go on the door handles. The shifter is about an hour job if you take your time, it's not really that hard. I have the eBay carbon fiber steering wheel as well. There was no Gen 1 with a heated steering wheel, so no, there's no connections for it.

Snuggles

Reaction score
Those door lever covers look significantly better than I would have expected. I might go that route too.

What are the other things I see in the center console? It looks like a sub knob? A button in front of the shifter and some rectangle thing on the right side?

Is that the Phoenix Audio radio? Please add some details on that.

I’m also SUPER jealous of the leather door panels. That is something I can’t believe isn’t part of these trucks.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those door lever covers look significantly better than I would have expected. I might go that route too.

What are the other things I see in the center console? It looks like a sub knob? A button in front of the shifter and some rectangle thing on the right side?

Is that the Phoenix Audio radio? Please add some details on that.

I’m also SUPER jealous of the leather door panels. That is something I can’t believe isn’t part of these trucks.

Yep, the small knob in between the shifter and cupholders is a bass control knob for the subwoofer. The button in front of the shifter is the tow/haul button for when you change to the B&M shifter. The rectangle things are magnets, and there's one on each side. Can either stick your phone to it or your carry gun.

As far as the Phoenix Audio radio goes I have a separate thread in the audio/video section detailing the whole thing with the install and setup, as well as a review. I actually have the Android 12 13" unit on order to replace it. The current one is the 12.1" with Android 9.

When I first got the truck I still had my 13 Limited, so I took most of the interior out of it and put it in the Raptor. The leather door panels were pretty huge to have.