Installed Full Race / ADD Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know what the previous V1 had for endtanks? I'm not an IC expert but it looks like mine are cast. Not sure though.

The seem to be bent/welded. I have a theory, but it's just a theory. Casting is much cheaper to make than bending/welding. My guess is that ADD/Full-Race got into some disagreement, then ADD had AFE make them an IC which looks identical to the Full Race V1. Then Full Race said, '**** these guys' and made a V2 which looks identical to V1 except for the end tanks. Anyway, as I've said, any of the 3 are going to be miles better than the OEM.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seem to be bent/welded. I have a theory, but it's just a theory. Casting is much cheaper to make than bending/welding. My guess is that ADD/Full-Race got into some disagreement, then ADD had AFE make them an IC which looks identical to the Full Race V1. Then Full Race said, '**** these guys' and made a V2 which looks identical to V1 except for the end tanks. Anyway, as I've said, any of the 3 are going to be miles better than the OEM.

pretty damn close theory. Fullrace uses garret cores (which are astonishingly expensive but worth it) and divided cast end tanks on the V2. AFE i have no idea what they use for a core (id bet vibrant) but their downpipes were complete garbage as most of their stuff is built to budget. The SVC intercooler i just posted looks good.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty damn close theory. Fullrace uses garret cores (which are astonishingly expensive but worth it) and divided cast end tanks on the V2. AFE i have no idea what they use for a core (id bet vibrant) but their downpipes were complete garbage as most of their stuff is built to budget. The SVC intercooler i just posted looks good.

I was actually surprised to see that the V1 has divided end tanks too... My guess is the V1 and V2 are the same core just with different end tanks.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people should post their numbers aat vs iat, with the full race in California heat i’m Usually sitting at 15-18degrees over aat. Way better than stock, way better.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also 3 last question is there room to mount a light bar inside the grill??

Would the honeybadger bumper fromm add mount with this i/c?

What the difference between the version one 1 full race i/c qnd version 2?

I am also assuming i will be able to mount the swarwirk bracket to mount a winch??

Yes, the ADD HoneyBadger Winch Bumper will fit the ADD/Full-Race Intercooler, the ADD Intercooler Upgrade by AFE, and the Full-Race V2 cooler. Of course, if you're not installing the winch version of the HoneyBadger, you don't need the intercooler upgrade for fitment, although you will still get the performance benefit.

Yes, the Swarfworks Winch Kit will fit the ADD by AFE Intercooler and the Full-Race V2 Intercooler. We're a Swarfworks dealer and have done kits with both versions of the intercooler.

If you'd like our help with a package, we'd be happy to work with you!

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the version 1 from full race , if i understand correctly that would fit