Installed Ducati 2013 HID's on 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moridin

Reaction score
All I can say is Wow! I'm loving them, sooo much better than the stock halogens and they definitely look better. I got the black 2013's with amber evil eyes. I haven't seen the grey versions, but since my truck is black it was a no-brainer to go with that.

I didn't upgrade the stock projector, but that's an option if you wanna go big. But to anyone on the fence about the stock projectors over the halogens, it's a huge improvement.

Ducati's cabling and work was top-notch, the evil eyes were perfect and symmetrical (I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I look for these things. lol). Easy install with a few basic tools and some elbow grease. Took me about 2 hours, but then again I do 15 minutes of work and then stand back and stare at it for 10. :wink:

Daylight Shots:

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

Night Shots:

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg
Low beams. Very decent improvement over the stock halogens, definitely a better throw.

IMG_4366.jpg
High beams. Amazing improvement over stock halogens. Not even close.

IMG_4382.jpg
Wanted the evil eyes to come on and off with the key, so I used this fuse tap. Because this part of the fuse box is lower, the lid still closes no problem.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The solution I found for the evil eyes was to run them to an Aux switch. Leave the switch turned on. When the truck is running, the switch is powered but when you wish to turn on/off, you have that ability.

Awesome looking setup!

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about an aux switch but then I couldn't imagine when I'd ever want/need to turn them off, and I kinda like the "auto on/off with the key" idea. (Without using one of the switches). Makes it feel 'stock' to me, if that makes any sense. lol

Of course it's an awesome looking setup! It's a Raptor! lol... mine is basically so stock it's not even funny. We'll see what the future (and wallet) holds... next on my radar is a mid-perch and PTM fenders and bumpers.

Last edited:

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much for that exact setup? I've never installed, is it pretty easy?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Looks awesome btw

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Reaction score
Thanks, Motu! While I knew HIDs would be better, it was the "look" of the lights (with the evil eyes added) that sold me. I could've lived with the halogens, but I guess you could say I couldn't live without this setup. ;-)

Baja: Total cost was $1,750 from Ducati (Raptor Retrofit), the lights alone would obviously be less. For the extra $$ I appreciated knowing they'd arrive with the evil eyes installed, and the cable/harness kit wired up and pretty much "plug and play."

As to your question of installation, yeah. Easy. Pop out the old ones, make 2 grounding locations behind each headlight, and plug the new ones in. Just need basic tools, wire, and wire connectors.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great. Dawson does amazing work. I like 5th pic. Looks like an angry raptor ready to attack its prey

I also like where the chairs are set up in that pic. Thats so u can sit back and admire the awesomeness of the raptor

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Motu! While I knew HIDs would be better, it was the "look" of the lights (with the evil eyes added) that sold me. I could've lived with the halogens, but I guess you could say I couldn't live without this setup.

Couldn't have summed up my dilemma any better than that! :evil27: Lights look great!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc