Installed Ducati 2013 HID's on 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys!

Dataustin... there is nothing complicated about using the fuse tap I used, it's beyond easy. I didn't want to do any cutting or splicing into the existing wires, nor did I want to have one of the "Aux" switches on full-time just to run the evil eyes.

The fuse tap I used is beyond simple. Here's a link to one similar to what I used:

Bussmann BP/HHH ATM Add-A-Fuse : Amazon.com : Automotive

It doesn't get any simpler than that. The fuse tap has 2 slots for fuses, the bottom slot is where the fuse you replaced goes and it provides the same protection as it did before. The top slot is where a new fuse goes (I used a 3 amp) and this is for the wire coming off the tap that I used to run the evil eyes.

Last edited:

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is Wow! I'm loving them, sooo much better than the stock halogens and they definitely look better. I got the black 2013's with amber evil eyes. I haven't seen the grey versions, but since my truck is black it was a no-brainer to go with that.

I didn't upgrade the stock projector, but that's an option if you wanna go big. But to anyone on the fence about the stock projectors over the halogens, it's a huge improvement.

Ducati's cabling and work was top-notch, the evil eyes were perfect and symmetrical (I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I look for these things. lol). Easy install with a few basic tools and some elbow grease. Took me about 2 hours, but then again I do 15 minutes of work and then stand back and stare at it for 10. :wink:

Wanted the evil eyes to come on and off with the key, so I used this fuse tap. Because this part of the fuse box is lower, the lid still closes no problem.
I went back & forth between the '13 & '12 heads before choosing the '12s with LS460's. You really can't go wrong either way. Those look very nice.