Installed Cobb intercooler and now cruise control won’t work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragingred

Reaction score
Before anyone says anything yes I searched for an answer on here and I could not pin point an answer. I had a shop install my Cobb intercooler and I assume they had to relocate the ACC. When I start the truck a message comes up saying my collision alert isn’t functioning and my cruise control won’t even turn on. Is there a way to fix at least the cruise control? I do a lot of long distance driving and cruise is really nice to have. Thanks in advance for any tips or help.

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was everything plugged back in correctly? I’d be looking it over myself to make sure they reinstalled it correctly

OP
OP
R

Ragingred

Reaction score
I’m going to tomorrow but forgive me for the dumb question but where was the ACC relocated to? Where should I look? Like I said I didn’t install it so I’m not sure where it was moved to but I’m hoping the issue is as simple as something not being plugged in

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check to make sure they plugged in the radar on the bumper, left side. No need to relocate it if still using the factory bumper.
This ...I had the same message when I drove around with no bumper. I believe it took three startup cycles before the warning cleared when everything was back together.

You can see the cable hanging down in this picture.
IMG_5986.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ragingred

Reaction score
Check to make sure they plugged in the radar on the bumper, left side. No need to relocate it if still using the factory bumper.
I am going to look at it here soon. But now that you mention it you should be correct. I’m not sure why I thought it needed relocated. Thanks

OP
OP
R

Ragingred

Reaction score
So turns out the module isn’t even plugged in and I can’t seem to find the plug for it. Anyone know where that harness leads to so I can try to track the plugs down?

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So turns out the module isn’t even plugged in and I can’t seem to find the plug for it. Anyone know where that harness leads to so I can try to track the plugs down?
It should be above the frame that is shown sticking out to support the bumper just to the right of where I circled. It's a tight fit but you should be able to plug it back in and pull down on the gray lever attached to secure it.

Last edited: