GEN 2 Install of AFE Scorcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im just tired of all the misinformation and guessing here, it really annoys me.

Indeed. This from the man who has offered but two posts on this thread: The one quoted above and the one that follows, "I'm cool with this." Jim dandy, Rocket. You say you're oh so tired of misinformation and guessing on this thread, but you have offered absolutely no information of your own. Buddy, you're obviously not part of the solution so far. Got some information? Post it.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Indeed. This from the man who has offered but two posts on this thread: The one quoted above and the one that follows, "I'm cool with this." Jim dandy, Rocket. You say you're oh so tired of misinformation and guessing on this thread, but you have offered absolutely no information of your own. Buddy, you're obviously not part of the solution so far. Got some information? Post it.

Your statement of "That chart is too good to be true. Every other reliable dyno run on a performance enhancing add-on I've ever seen takes from one part of the rpm range and adds to another. Improvement over the ENTIRE rpm range is suspect." Bothered me, because you clearly are speaking on something you know nothing about. In a turbocharged vehicle with electronic boost control, you can essentially program in more horsepower. You can tell the systems to apply more boost and compensate for it. In this situation, there is nothing to lose power, all the physical components are the same, you are just giving it more boost.

Programmers and tunes like this have been around for decades now, it is why a lot of people like turbo vehicles. Your ignorance doesnt seem like a valid reason to question something that isn't really under question. Piggyback controllers like these which increas boost in fact DO work, and have been proven to work. Questioning something that was probably designed in the 90s is ridiculous.

Dartv8r

Reaction score
This is simply a pre-programmed piggy back computer that controls boost and fuel trim as Xrocket21 mentioned. (It may also change the feel of the pedal to make that aspect of the experience more responsive however i'm not sure about this) These work pretty decent if you just want some power and are not planning on doing any other power mods. (unless you can change the tune with these when you upgrade the car using it on a stock raptor is probably best)

If you add an intake, SPD adapters, less restrictive exhaust/downpipes, etc. you are better off doing a custom ecu tune preferably on a dyno to be a able to extract the most power efficiently. This is strictly my opinion, however I come from an 18 year background in the tuning community (Just had one of my cars featured in super street magazine).

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is simply a pre-programmed piggy back computer that controls boost and fuel trim as Xrocket21 mentioned. (It may also change the feel of the pedal to make that aspect of the experience more responsive however i'm not sure about this) These work pretty decent if you just want some power and are not planning on doing any other power mods. (unless you can change the tune with these when you upgrade the car using it on a stock raptor is probably best)

If you add an intake, SPD adapters, less restrictive exhaust/downpipes, etc. you are better off doing a custom ecu tune preferably on a dyno to be a able to extract the most power efficiently. This is strictly my opinion, however I come from an 18 year background in the tuning community (Just had one of my cars featured in super street magazine).

You are 100% correct and I agree fully but if you just want some more boost with a bit of pep they are great. This device does not manipulate the pedal like the boostmax.

I'll be tuning in the future but happy with this device so far.

One thing I do find silly is being able to change the aggressiveness. We all know that it stays in race mode 24/7[emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidryan1987

Reaction score
I installed this last night and first driving impression is that it makes the truck pull much harder. Not a bad item for the money and the easy 10 min install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im just tired of all the misinformation and guessing here, it really annoys me.

People here speculate. We also remain skeptical of panacea type modifications. It's part of the Intellectual process. When something proves itself.... great....

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then go away dude.

Seriously... you're getting almost as annoying as sasquatch.

People here speculate. We also remain skeptical of panacea type modifications. It's part of the Intellectual process. When something proves itself.... great....

I thought you said you were going to put me on your IL?