GEN 2 Install of AFE Scorcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I presume that you meant that the little black box makes a massive difference rather than the marketing hype.

Look, I'm not tryin to bust anybody's chops here, but I've run into this before with Hennessey. They made more modest claims than these about their CAI and when asked to provide dyno proof, they offered only excuses about their dyno needing service, dyno scheduling, etc. Eventually the demand for proof became the problem rather than the absence of proof.

You get the picture. They didn't have proof, and they weren't about to provide proof because their claims were false. There's an old saying: "Caveat emptor" - "Let the buyer beware." I would be leery of blowing $400 on a device when the only thing you know about it is what the manufacturer tells you.
You can keep your $400. I'm happy to blow mine. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I presume that you meant that the little black box makes a massive difference rather than the marketing hype.

Look, I'm not tryin to bust anybody's chops here, but I've run into this before with Hennessey. They made more modest claims than these about their CAI and when asked to provide dyno proof, they offered only excuses about their dyno needing service, dyno scheduling, etc. Eventually the demand for proof became the problem rather than the absence of proof.

You get the picture. They didn't have proof, and they weren't about to provide proof because their claims were false. There's an old saying: "Caveat emptor" - "Let the buyer beware." I would be leery of blowing $400 on a device when the only thing you know about it is what the manufacturer tells you.

Anyone who has google at their hands knows Hennessy is a ******* joke. Does the box work, yes! Does it provide the claimed HP & TQ in their dyno, time will tell!

f4f797f2e32ac29778b96b4d2f554db2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Using Ulysses which tends to be slower than reality, my truck hit 0-60 in 5.96 seconds tonight in the rain. It's way fast at the moment. This was in 4A and it was still spinning hard.

Yeah I think there's a ton of headroom in this engine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's mighty interesting, @kdub405, thanks. An independent dyno run would be more confidence inspiring, of course.

That chart is too good to be true. Every other reliable dyno run on a performance enhancing add-on I've ever seen takes from one part of the rpm range and adds to another. Improvement over the ENTIRE rpm range is suspect.

OP
OP
kdub405

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's mighty interesting, @kdub405, thanks. An independent dyno run would be more confidence inspiring, of course.

That chart is too good to be true. Every other reliable dyno run on a performance enhancing add-on I've ever seen takes from one part of the rpm range and adds to another. Improvement over the ENTIRE rpm range is suspect.

I agree with you but that's all I have until I hit the dyno. Butt dyno says it's doing more than the boostmax but that may just be the placebo effect.

Numbers are going to be different anyway as I'm in another state, on another day and on another dyno. However, should get an idea of stock vs AFE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I can tell you have a lot of experience with electronically boost controlled turbo vehicles.