GEN 2 Inquiry about Sound Difference with Borla Tailpipes on Second-Gen Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaSoNNN

Reaction score
Hello Raptor Form,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently exploring exhaust options for my second-generation Ford Raptor and was wondering if anyone could share their experiences regarding the sound difference when switching from the factory tailpipes with resonators to Borla tailpipes without resonators.

Specifically, I'm curious about the impact of this change when combined with high-flow downpipes and the Borla Attack system. Has anyone noticed a significant difference in sound quality and volume?

Your insights and experiences would be greatly appreciated as I navigate through the decision-making process. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise!

Best regards,Mason

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean a cat-back system and not just 'tailpipes' since tailpipes do nothing for sound. My business partner had the attack and downpipes and it was WAYTOOFUCKINGLOUD. You might want to look into the SPD system - they have a turbo back system that consists of downpipes, a trombone mid section and their new muffler section. Sounds pretty good to me. Check out this thread - on page 4 are some sound clips of the above system.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Raptor Form,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently exploring exhaust options for my second-generation Ford Raptor and was wondering if anyone could share their experiences regarding the sound difference when switching from the factory tailpipes with resonators to Borla tailpipes without resonators.

Specifically, I'm curious about the impact of this change when combined with high-flow downpipes and the Borla Attack system. Has anyone noticed a significant difference in sound quality and volume?

Your insights and experiences would be greatly appreciated as I navigate through the decision-making process. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise!

Best regards,Mason
There are no resonators in the stock Gen 2 tailpipes. That is a Raptor R thing. That said, I’ve always liked the concept of resonators in the tail pipes and have hoped someone would make after-market tailpipes with resonators. Maybe SPD will complete their exhaust system that way…

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its well known around here that you are never going to make a 3.5 sound good, unless you are an AI bot or something

OP
OP
MaSoNNN

MaSoNNN

Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean a cat-back system and not just 'tailpipes' since tailpipes do nothing for sound. My business partner had the attack and downpipes and it was WAYTOOFUCKINGLOUD. You might want to look into the SPD system - they have a turbo back system that consists of downpipes, a trombone mid section and their new muffler section. Sounds pretty good to me. Check out this thread - on page 4 are some sound clips of the above system.

What downpipes does you business partner have ???

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion of the 3.5 and aftermarket exhausts is… don’t do it. Sounds horrible. If it’s not a v8 it sounds weird.

vondong

Reaction score
I have the Borla S-Type and I like how it sounds. I did add the Borla resonator back in though, I thought that it was just a bit too loud and buzzy with the x-pipe. I’d like to try the Atak with the resonator and see how that sounds.