2018 Ford Raptor tranny shifting problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rap1229

Reaction score
Hi guys , new to the forum , really enjoy the content and information shared by various users here. I am looking for expert opinions on issues I am having with my 2018 Raptor. Love the truck , but man this gen2 I bought it used with 22k on it and at 29k the phasers issue started happening. No problem I was under warranty , problem solved by the dealer , unfortunately not his time at 70k. My Raptor close to my home switching from normal to sport i felt a slip in gears , didn't sound to bad dint have any check lights so I got home no problem. The next day the truck when accelerating was stuck on second gear , then suddenly jumped to 8th , 10th then 1st with a slam causing the truck to come to a stop.

In one case the truck seem to got stuck on 8 gear , with no acceleration when hitting the pedal then suddenly when to 1st again.

I am not currently driving the truck , waiting on the end of April for my appointment with Ford since they are full. So far I have try nothing.

Waiting on a ForScan to arrive to see if resetting the learning tables does something.

Heard of people replacing the full valve body but still experience the same issue , some talk abut the CDT clutch casing.

Any similar experiences anyone , I am expecting at least a 4k bill on this , love this trucks but not so sure if the 10 speed is reliable.

Regards, Below a picture of my truck.
La gris.jpg

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope it gets resolved. Great looking truck.

My 5th and 8th are giving me trouble at 140k miles. It slams into those gears very aggressively in both normal and sport mode. I changed diff/trans/t-case fluids and filters and it did not provide help. Considering taking it to Ford so they can reteach the trans. Last time this happened I had to remove the tune though and the truck was seriously sad...

Don

OP
OP
R

Rap1229

Reaction score
Thanks @Donovan , I am currently waiting on a Forscan tool to arrive to try the reset procedure , will update on how that goes. My appointment with Ford is the 27th , trying not to move the truck scared the transmission breaks.

Regards.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Today the truck acted like it wanted to stay 9th...when trying to come down to 8th. I don't need these types of problems out of warranty.

OP
OP
R

Rap1229

Reaction score
I hear you! Mine is currently on 70K , bought it used with no extended warranty. From other posts I believe not even Ford engineers can pin point the exact root cause of the issue. They will probably end up rebuilding and replacing until getting it right. I am expecting a 4k to 5K bill on this , hope is much less.

OP
OP
R

Rap1229

Reaction score
Update on my issue , got the ForScan tool to the car and after a test drive was able to replicate the fault , truck wont pass second gear and when it does it comes to a hault causing the wrench light to appear.

After scanning got back:

Code: P27B6 - Internal Control Module Transmission Speed Sensor Performance

Status (-AF):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Transmission Control Module

Not sure exactly what it means , just know so far a TSB report was issued:1681131853622.png

Apparently something related to PCM programming , it doesn't mention anything regarding the transmission speed sensor.

Any thoughts?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update on my issue , got the ForScan tool to the car and after a test drive was able to replicate the fault , truck wont pass second gear and when it does it comes to a hault causing the wrench light to appear.

After scanning got back:

Code: P27B6 - Internal Control Module Transmission Speed Sensor Performance

Status (-AF):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Transmission Control Module

Not sure exactly what it means , just know so far a TSB report was issued:View attachment 401570

Apparently something related to PCM programming , it doesn't mention anything regarding the transmission speed sensor.

Any thoughts?
Good find. Per the TSB, all it needs is a PCM update. So typically one hour of labor time. Just confirm that your build date is 4-May-2018 or earlier.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right. I need to get mine done again... its getting stupid. Just back from Nashville...