In floor cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with everyone else. Pretty dumb move to cut a hole in the floor when you can fit a nice removable ice chest anywhere in the truck.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Part a pic of your pelican in the back seat. That looked cool!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Don't have any on the phone but you are right.. That sturdy / beefy tan cooler was perfect fit and look wise with my truck. It never once moved (thanks to the 40lb+ weight, empty) , and it was easy access from the front. Must do mod for everyone!

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheeesh I just thought it was unique.. I'll go back to reading the Rules for Owning a Raptor.

You think there's a lot of rules here??!! You should go over to the Porsche 356 Registry Forum...Yeah, now there's some picky ass rules to owning one of those!!

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I may provide some input as I owned a pos ram with this option. If not well I'm going to anyway.

It is useless. If you like it op then by all means do it. I won't knock any mod if they simply justify it by the term "because I wanted to" enough said.

For anyone else.. Holy it's stupid. It's literally a plastic insert screwed in the floor tightly fit in a hole. If you climb under the truck it's not formed around it, just a plastic/composite drop in bin.

What will it hold? Well one time I put my wallet in there when I was riding my dirt bike. I had the truck nearly a year before I opened it and saw a piece of card board that I suspect the dealer put in there. Willie fit a drink, yup but not one for your buddy, I guess that's why they have 2 "coolers"

Speaking of cooler. It's not a cooler, just a tub. You could put ice in it, on a hot day it will be like having a plastic bucket with ice. There is literally NO insulation. As for drainage after the ice melts in a couple minutes I can't remember if it had a drain plug.

Keep in mind this is located in the floor, under the floor mat nearly touching the door sill. With my shoulder mobility I would never be able to reach this, maybe that was intentional to not promote alcoholism during a few highway pulls. Although... The journey does have a bottle holder in the dash!

To stop, get out, open the rear door, fold the floor mat up to the point you'd have to flip up the seat and open the bucket in the floor.. I suggest, simply in my opinion of an owner of both trucks that I would just buy a normal cooler bag or a plug in cooler or even a bar fridge to chill my beverages.

If anyone does do it I would love to see a thread on it and your after thoughts.

Have I mentioned these things are really just useless? When I go away tomorrow I'm going to show up with a cooler full of ice and chilled drinks, not a bucket in my floor with warm water and A drink bobbing around in there.

After thought.. Coolers with moisture inside.. When they get warm they grow mold, this is under the truck between the frame, where there's lots of heat, thus melting ice, not only would you have to drain and clean it every day, the top on the ram was never sealed, just a plastic lid that closed.. I know,I would have a soaked carpet all the time with mold in the carpet because the heat would melt the ice then it would splash every time I accelerated, stopped, turned left, turned right, parked on a hill. At least it will already be emptied all over my carpet before I get off the pavement!

Educational rant disengaged.

OP
OP
kboss87

kboss87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I may provide some input as I owned a pos ram with this option. If not well I'm going to anyway.

It is useless. If you like it op then by all means do it. I won't knock any mod if they simply justify it by the term "because I wanted to" enough said.

For anyone else.. Holy it's stupid. It's literally a plastic insert screwed in the floor tightly fit in a hole. If you climb under the truck it's not formed around it, just a plastic/composite drop in bin.

What will it hold? Well one time I put my wallet in there when I was riding my dirt bike. I had the truck nearly a year before I opened it and saw a piece of card board that I suspect the dealer put in there. Willie fit a drink, yup but not one for your buddy, I guess that's why they have 2 "coolers"

Speaking of cooler. It's not a cooler, just a tub. You could put ice in it, on a hot day it will be like having a plastic bucket with ice. There is literally NO insulation. As for drainage after the ice melts in a couple minutes I can't remember if it had a drain plug.

Keep in mind this is located in the floor, under the floor mat nearly touching the door sill. With my shoulder mobility I would never be able to reach this, maybe that was intentional to not promote alcoholism during a few highway pulls. Although... The journey does have a bottle holder in the dash!

To stop, get out, open the rear door, fold the floor mat up to the point you'd have to flip up the seat and open the bucket in the floor.. I suggest, simply in my opinion of an owner of both trucks that I would just buy a normal cooler bag or a plug in cooler or even a bar fridge to chill my beverages.

If anyone does do it I would love to see a thread on it and your after thoughts.

Have I mentioned these things are really just useless? When I go away tomorrow I'm going to show up with a cooler full of ice and chilled drinks, not a bucket in my floor with warm water and A drink bobbing around in there.

After thought.. Coolers with moisture inside.. When they get warm they grow mold, this is under the truck between the frame, where there's lots of heat, thus melting ice, not only would you have to drain and clean it every day, the top on the ram was never sealed, just a plastic lid that closed.. I know,I would have a soaked carpet all the time with mold in the carpet because the heat would melt the ice then it would splash every time I accelerated, stopped, turned left, turned right, parked on a hill. At least it will already be emptied all over my carpet before I get off the pavement!

Educational rant disengaged.

Great response. Thank you.