In floor cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that actually where the pumps for the air suspension go? If you don't get the air suspension, they just give you a little cubby there. Kinda lame really. Also, no, it's not just a hole in the floor board, with a plastic insert. more like the floorboard is formed in that shape at the factory and the plastic insert is just interior dressing.

If you want to cut a 6"x12" hole in your floor, have at it. There's plenty of room.

One Black SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheeesh I just thought it was unique.. I'll go back to reading the Rules for Owning a Raptor.

no rules as far as ownership that I know of...... but you are right as fas as this mod setting you apart from the herd....
cutting into the floorboard to install a box/cooler will definitely make you absolutely 100% unique.....
but again, no one should bash any idea, .... eye of the beholder .... if you do this mod, just post some pics. everyone loves pics.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its in the backseat right? I don't think I could reach it from the drivers seat, I am not promoting drinking and driving but in my experience a little igloo cooler wedged between the armrest/center console and rear seat works pretty well to keep one hydrated. Its not like you need to keep a case close by with all the **** stops. :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
kboss87

kboss87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied.

I guess I do not see the big deal on cutting a hole in the floor if it would work. People are cutting holes in the back of their cabs for lights, cutting out pinch welds in wheel wells, etc. As long as the floor would stay solid and it was sealed properly, I thought it was a nice spot for some extra storage, or to use as a cooler. On the Dodge forums, they are using these things to hold anything from drinks, to tools, to tie down straps. Sure I can go buy one of those boxes for under the seats, but for the same price I could have a nice flush, floor mount, storage container. Since I have a SCAB, the extra storage space would be nice.

Oh well!

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it is your truck. I'm a little interested in seeing if it could be done. That being said, you should do it, write a DIY and follow up on how it holds up, etc

One Black SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I guess I do not see the big deal on cutting a hole in the floor if it would work"..... "Sure I can go buy one of those boxes for under the seats, but for the same price I could have a nice flush, floor mount, storage container."/QUOTE]

ok.... im in awe of your courage. but wait, it was only courage if you do it...... crickets......crickets...... so kboss87, here is where u say "well I was just asking a question, I really wasn't going to actually do this! ....or..... this is where you say "i'm doing it". a choice between a storage unit that fits neatly underneath the rear seats .... securely ... lockable .... and absolutely no cutting into the floorboard ...... and no worries about re-sealing .... OR ..... a choice to cut a hole in your floorboard, putting a container in the hole, and then resealing it.... i must be missing something here.... u even said that the cost was about the same. i guess we're all just trying to make sure that you have thought about this THOROUGHLY before you fire up the right angle grinder.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I bet you can fit a kilo in there

Red !!! don't encourage him