Improve brake pedal "feel"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, stainless lines most always help. I think we need new pads too, I have a feeling the factory pads are a big part of the squishy brakes along with the choice of brake fluid used.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my first upgrade will be double drill slotted rotors all the way around. i have a guy here in so cal that i have used for 10+ years. he machines centric rotors.

i can't disclose the price for my set cause i get family pricing lol. but i have never had an issue with his rotors.

https://www.rotorwork.com/

the web site sucks. but they confirmed fitment last sat. give them a call. David with the raptor is all u need to tell them.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he means upgraded/bigger rotors that happen to be slotted

If not, I agree just slotted OEM rotors won't be any big help

That would require bigger rims to fit then.

Agree the brake pedal feel could use some work

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Raptor Stainless Kevlar Braided Brake Lines

Stainless Kevlar braided brake lines.

$219 for the 2017. Wonder if it is worth the cost? Anyone out there with big brake kits @Bullishone or @dinoone change their brake lines as well? How is the feel for you guys?

X
Actually great question.

We had to put the factory lines on the front for the weekend because we needed to file some threads on the following Tuesday. So I ran with factory lines for a few days. The steel lines made a difference, although it wasn't massive. The brakes are never ever spongy, but with the cost of lines getting replaced and bleeding etc, I figure you might want to go all in.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
My thoughts were that SS lines only make a difference when the lines get really hot. When the rubber lines get hot, they're able to flex and then get squishy. For regular/daily driving, it doesn't seem that SS would make a difference. Jmo

OP
OP
x-ray

x-ray

Reaction score
My thoughts were that SS lines only make a difference when the lines get really hot. When the rubber lines get hot, they're able to flex and then get squishy. For regular/daily driving, it doesn't seem that SS would make a difference. Jmo

Not sure, that's why I am asking. I didn't know if the SS lines prevented flex at any temp and the rubber lines flexed most of the time, hence improving feel but I really don't know.

X

firstars

Reaction score
Different compound pads are going to make the biggest difference. Rotors and stainless lines wont do much for daily driving besides look of drilled rotors maybe.