I want another Raptor she wants a Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We didn't even get to the Jeep test drive since she was too short in the seat. It was a Wrangle Sahara like the picture above but in white. This will be her vehicle for the most part so once I buy it I don't plan on modding or tuning. We hit a lot of dealerships yesterday including BMW. We looked at a 2011 BMW 328 2 door hard top convertible. It had 31k miles and they wanted 33900. It was ok but as an off lease car it had scratches, worn leather, crappy replacement tires, etc. For that kind of money I want a new or newer, nicer vehicle. And you're right, every woman likes a BMW. She said she could make it work (yeah no kidding) thanks for the sacrifice Hun. I reminded her of all the crap she needs to lug around for her profession and it brought her back to reality. It's pretty funny how quickly style outweighs function. I've been online all morning and I think we will check out the Mazda cx5. A grand touring with AWD comes in at a little over $31k very nicely optioned. And I actually like the way it looks. I just want to be done with this. I am so OCD about car buying that this will occupy way too much of my time until a vehicle is actually in my garage.

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all reality, unless she/you drive a ton of miles you should be leasing a new car. No sales tax, no depreciation, and trade it when your lease is up for the new model. Unless you plan on keeping it forever…

Last suggestion, Mini Cooper or Clubman. There's actually a surprising amount of room in that car and they're fun to drive. Best of luck with the search, but seriously. Lease, don't buy.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure of availble
But peugeots are nicely decked out new
And not that expensive
A 308sw or 508sw has tons of space
Luxery
And a softer price then "the germans"

Add to that fuel economy

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to steer my GF into getting something that I would want to drive. I tried to get her into a Merc G wagon, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Audi Q5, and Land Rover Sport. She test drove a Merc GLK and it was game over from there. 4 years later she still loves the thing and wont think about trading it in. Let her get what she wants and YOU will be much happier.

specsniper

Reaction score
So we just spent 4 hours looking at vehicles. The Jeep is out. The dashboard is too high and she really can't see over it. The seats don't move up very high either. It sucks because I found one i really liked! We went to the Toyota dealership to look at the new Highlanders to replace the old one and she hit on the FRS. Yes, a tiny little Scion that is nowhere close to what we discussed. She liked it but she doesn't realize how limited it will be on space. She needs the storage space of an SUV. I will not buy a Scion. So we are now back to square one. On the way home I stopped by the Ford dealership and pointed out the Edge Sport and the Escape Titanium. I like them both and she likes neither. This is gonna be frustrating...
BTW...thanks to all who gave me advice!

If seat height in the jeep is a problem there are after market options that will allow for raising of the seat and I don't mean a cushion on the seat. Seat "risers" are available that can be installed which have worked well for many folks. If leg length is an issue just buy her some 5" stillettos :)

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04f7b96e8711576f37c4db17fbcfd71e.jpg

996085a16b9ce6d239a50377b359c7fd.jpg

My wife drives a grand cherokee ecodiesel and I do have to say it is an amazing vehicle we picked it up about a month ago 26mpg mixed driving. I believe that it's a great combination to have the raptor and the jeep for both of us. And if they put the ecodiesel in the wrangler for 2017 then I will be buying one for my DD and only using my truck for a toy instead of my only vehicle

Molten Orange from NW Indiana