GEN 2 I ordered this to dry my cars.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
abX94P9_700b.jpg

awKZmWR_700b.jpg

66830538.jpg

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm OCD as well, and own an AG Raptor....but I'm not the type of person to blow money (pun intended) frivolously....You're simply blowing water off the truck....no need to spend 11x more money on something which has a single use only, but your money.
Meh. I have a few DeWalt flexivolt tools so they share a common battery. Plus it's not gas, no cables, and I will use it on multiple vehicles.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using the one made by Makita for several years now. It is part number DUB182Z and is really small and has a soft rubber nozzle so you can't scratch the paint. I only use it for getting the water out of the crevices of the grill, wheels and vents.

Mark

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaf blowers can pick up dust and sand and sand blast the paint maybe to powerful. It works but I would get a master blaster or buy some really good Micro fiber drying towels from Adam's or Griots.

Master blaster is the shit, sucks and blows like my x !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In my opinion, saying a leaf blower works just as well for drying a truck as a dedicated vehicle dryer like the Master Blaster, and costs much less, is really no different that saying an STX F150 works just as well as a Raptor, at half the cost, so who would buy a Raptor.

While both a leaf blower and the Master Blaster Revolution move air, they perform very differently when put to the task of drying a vehicle, especially a truck with the high reach to the roof.

Unlike a blower, which is awkward to effectively direct the air stream to get into the nooks and crannies where water hides out, or to direct the water in the best direction to get it off the truck, the flexible hose on the Master Blaster makes it simple to get into all the vents, the recesses on the windshield cowl, window trim and door handles, and off the hood and roof.

While the leaf blower will remove the bulk water, the directed stream and the easily maneuverable hose/nozzle make it possible to really direct the water off of the truck, in the best direction for each area.

And, like previously posted, the Master Blaster uses filtered, heated air.

In addition, the rubber nozzle on the Master Blaster is not going to scratch your paint if you accidently bump it. Bump your paint with the plastic leaf blower nozzle, then you better get out the machine polisher and correct the damage.

Yes, they are expensive, but I have yet to read a forum post from someone that bought one and then regretted it, or thought that a leaf blower was just as good.

A more economical option for a dedicated drying blower is the Sidekick Blaster. While it does not move as much air as the Master Blaster, or a leaf blower, it has the advantage of using filtered, heated air, and can be directed in the best manner to make the drying the most effective, to not only get the bulk of the water off, but to get into the places where the water hides out, so you don't get streaks or spots when this water eventually drips out.

Certainly, people use and will continue to use leaf blowers to dry after washing, but simply put, it is not the best tool for the job.